Skillet Potatoes – This is an example of a simply prepared meal that yields a rich and intricate flavor. These breakfast potatoes are healthy, tasty and super quick option for a filling breakfast. It requires very simple ingredients and delivers delicious results.
One of the reasons why I like this recipe is because it’s very filling at the same time it’s not going to weigh you down during the cause of the day. Another reason is that it’s inexpensive yet, nourishing and flavorful. So, What’s there not to like about these quick-to-throw-together skillet potatoes?
A simple one-pan vegetarian breakfast or brunch made in a skillet. The Potatoes are cooked in the skillet, the vegetables are added and with seasoned with Paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Everything is then stirred together to create For a spicy touch, I added some chili powder. Chili flakes can also be used. However, if you don’t want the heat, you can skip it.
You can put these amazing skillet potatoes together in three easy steps:
Step 1: Prepare the Potatoes
First of all, you need to prepare the potatoes by peeling them and cutting them into equal cubes. This will ensure even cooking. Rinse the Potatoes in cold tap water, drain and set it aside while you prepare the other ingredients. Note: If you want the skin on, simply scrub the potatoes thoroughly before cutting them into cubes.
Step 2: Prepare the vegetables
Dice the Bell peppers – Slice off the top of the peppers to easily remove the stem. Slice off the bottom as well and run your knife around the inside of the pepper to remove the seeds in one piece. Cut the pepper open from the top down and use your hand or your knife to pull away any remaining fibrous filament and begin to dice the peppers. Dice the Onions as well.
Step 3: Cook the Potatoes
Finally, throw the potatoes in a preheated oil. Add the Paprika, Garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste. Finish it up by adding some Cilantro or Parsley and Voila! ?Your Breakfast potato is ready.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- 2 Lb Russet Potatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small cubes, rinse and drain them and set aside.
- Heat the Oil in a skillet and place over a medium heat.
- Add the Potatoes. Season with Paprika, Chili powder, Garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and leave to cook for 3 minutes then gently stir and flip to the other side
- Repeat this process about 4 times - slightly stirring and flipping to the reverse side. (till the potatoes become golden brown and tender)
- Throw in the Bell Peppers and Onions. Mix well, cover up and leave to cook until the peppers become crisp and tender. Serve immediately.
- It is best to eat these skillet potatoes while still hot but they still taste good at room temperature.
- I have used Russet potatoes in my recipe, however, Red skin potatoes can also be used.
- Try not to overcrowd the potatoes so that they can all cook evenly
- Ensure the potatoes all touch the pan so as to get each of them well browned.
- I know this is a skillet potato recipe, but don't be discouraged if you don't own a skillet. You can still make this in a non-stick pan - yes, I've tried it and it came out beautiful.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen