Chicken Vegetable Couscous
Chicken Vegetable Couscous: A blend of Scotch bonnet, Garlic, Onion, bell peppers, and spices adds a touch Savory and spicy to this meal. It's full of flavor and really quick to make, this meal will be a winner with all the family.
Servings 5 People
- 2 Cups Couscous
- 1-1/2 lb Boneless Chicken Thighs Cubed or cut into strips
- 4 Tbsp Oil Divided into two
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 Scallions Divided
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Scotch Bonnet
- 3/4 Cup Onion
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
Heat 2 Tbsp the Oil in a medium pan over medium heat, add the Chicken. Season with salt and black pepper, paprika, Curry powder, Curry powder and cook till done. About 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat 2 Tbsp of Oil, add the Onions, scotch bonnet, Garlic, and Bell peppers. Stir-fry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in half of the Green Onions, add the stock and leave to come to a rolling boil
Add Couscous, stir briefly, cover immediately, take it off the heat and leave it to rest for 5 to 6 minutes
Stir in the Chicken, Green Onion and Parsley
- Make sure the liquid comes to a rolling boil before adding the couscous.
- If you or your kids don't like it spicy, you can leave out the scotch bonnet
- I used chicken stock instead of water as I do with most recipes. It helps to intensify the flavor
- As a rule of thumb, the ratio of liquid to couscous is 1:1. A little extra may result in a mushy couscous.
- You need to use a very good stock otherwise, your food might turn out bland. If your stock is not concentrated enough, feel free to use a stock cube to
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1120IU | Vitamin C: 37.6mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.6mg