Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
A classic rich, creamy, and flavorful potato recipe packed full of roasted garlic flavor and easy enough to make. These roasted garlic mashed potatoes will surely make your family come back for more.
Servings 4 people
- 1 medium garlic head
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb Russet potatoes or Yukon gold
- 1/4 cup salted butter soft, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream more as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
- chives or parsley for garnish
Slice the top off of the garlic and drizzle with olive oil, then wrap in aluminum foil and roast in a 425F preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until the garlic becomes golden brown and very soft.
Peel and cube potatoes, place in a pot cold salted water. Boil uncovered 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain well.
Add the butter and squeeze in the softened roasted garlic. Then mash with a potato masher until smooth.
Stir in the milk a little bit at a time until smooth and creamy.
Season with salt and black pepper.
- Don’t overcook the potatoes. When potatoes are overcooked they too wet when you mashed them, which will cause them to be very watery.
- Make sure all the water is drained from the potatoes before mashing.
- For best result, let the butter be at room temperature before adding it to the potatoes.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 986mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg