Classic Creamy Potato Salad - Potluck Delight
This classic potato salad is rich, creamy, and delicious. Accompany this with grilled meat, crispy fried chicken, or juicy baked chicken. An ideal make-ahead lunch or dinner – also perfect for any day, festive seasons, or party.
Servings 8 People
- 3 lb potatoes
- 3 medium celery stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or use to taste
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 boiled eggs diced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Peel 6 Yukon potatoes (if desired)
Cut the potatoes into bite-size cubes. Place them into a large pot and fill it with enough water to cover the potatoes. Add salt and stir.
Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce the temperature and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or till the potatoes become tender.
Drain them and leave to cool
Place the diced potatoes in a medium bowl. Add the celery, onions, boiled eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper
Toss until the potatoes are evenly covered
Serve at room temperature or tightly cover and keep in the refrigerator to chill for about 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Overcooking destroys the texture of the potato while undercooking will not allow the flavor of the potato to shine through, so be sure to cook until just done in order to get the best flavor and texture.
- Add the mayonnaise when the potatoes cool down in order to prevent it from separating. (You don’t need to refrigerate them before adding the mayonnaise).
- I like salting my potatoes while boiling them. This will make the potatoes more flavorful later in the outcome of the salad.
- Toss the potatoes gently with the dressing to keep them intact. My recommended cook time is 15 to 20 minutes, but this might take you a little more or less depending on how big your potatoes are.