Tomato Mozzarella salad
Tomato Mozzarella salad - You will love this tomato mozzarella salad that is seasoned just right with basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. The flavor burst will work well as a quick lunch idea or side dish with your favorite meal.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves torn or chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or add to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine the olive, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
Place the tomatoes mozzarella balls, basil leaves, oregano, (salt, and black pepper if necessary) in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and gently toss to coat evenly.
Garnish with some more basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired.
Chill at least an hour or until ready to serve.
- It would be best if you used fresh mozzarella and fresh ripe tomatoes for this tomato mozzarella salad to make it the best tasting salad you’ve ever bitten into.
- If you choose to make this simple salad ahead of time, then you can cover keep it in a sealed airtight and place it in the refrigerator. It can keep 2-3 days in the fridge when stored properly.
- I don't use sugar for my Caprese salad, but you can add a little bit to cut the acidity if you wish.
- I love the taste of balsamic vinegar, but it stains so if you are particular about looks, you can add the balsamic vinegar just before serving.