These Shrimp cakes are light, filling, perfectly browned, moist and tender. Use these tips to make the best shrimp cake from prep to plate!
Servings 12 Cakes
For the cakes:
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp mayo optional
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- parsley or Cilantro
- 3 tbsp Oil for frying
Avocado-Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3/4 cup water more as needed to adjust consistency
- 2 cups cilantro leaves and stems - tightly packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeds and ribs removed
- 1 lime Juiced
Place the shrimp in the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped – do not over process. If you love some texture in the shrimp cake, you can chop the shrimp into pieces with a sharp knife.
Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, eggs, chopped onion, crushed garlic cloves, red chili flakes, mayo, parsley, and spices. Stir gently until well combined.
Form the mixture into 8 to 10 patties.
In a large pan, heat oil over medium to high heat. Add the shrimp patties(don’t overcrowd) and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- It’s best to add the water a little at a time. For a thinner consistency, add more water, and for a thicker, consistency add less water.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 570mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 303IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg