Perfect Juicy Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast
This turkey breast recipe is tender and moist on the inside, with a deliciously seasoned coating on the outside.
Servings 10 People
- 6 to 8 lb. Turkey breast
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp Bouillon powder optional
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
Preheat the oven to 425°F
In a small bowl, combine the cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, bouillon powder, salt, and black pepper.
Pat the turkey breasts dry with a paper towel and massage with olive oil followed by the mixed spices. Try to use your fingers to gently loosen the skin from the meat and reach inside the skin to massage the oil and spices.
Place the turkey breast, skin side up, inside a deep baking dish, and spread the rosemary and thyme inside the baking dish.
Roast the turkey breast for 20 minutes. Then, lower the oven temperature to 350F and bake 14 to 16 minutes per pound or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the Turkey breast reaches 160°F.
- Keep in mind that small turkey breasts will roast faster, and big ones will take a little longer. Likewise, boneless breasts will cook more quickly than the ones with a bone.
- Allow the turkey to rest for 15 minutes before slicing through. This will allow the hot juices from the meat to settle back.
- If the skin is browning faster than necessary, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil to reduce the browning rate.
- After resting, spoon the pan juices over the turkey or drizzle some gravy over it and enjoy.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 1077mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 324IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg