Easy Chicken Taco Recipe – How To Make Chicken Tacos
Tacos are a great meal for any time of the day, but many taco recipes can be difficult to make. This easy chicken taco recipe uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- The Chicken
- 1-1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoon olive oil – divided
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the tacos
- 8 small flour tortillas warmed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado peeled pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Season the chicken with taco seasoning. Add one tablespoon of oil and lime juice. Mix well to coat the chicken.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through – about 4-5 minutes per side. You can work in batches. Leave to cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
Distribute the chicken evenly among the tortillas and top with cilantro, cheese, and pico de gallo. Serve immediately.