African Pepper Soup - Goat Meat
The African pepper soup is a hearty African soup made with Goat meat cutlets or chunks, pepper soup spice and other beautiful condiments. . If you are looking for an authentic African Goat meat pepper soup, this soup certainly delivers the big, bold African flavors you will love.
- 2 Tsp Uziza leaves see note 3
- 1 pound Goat meat
- 2 Tsp Crayfish
- 1 Tbs Pepper soup spice
- 1 Tsp Red Chili flakes
- 1 Tsp Ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 small Onion
- 1 Scotch bonnet de-seeded and minced
- 1 Seasoning cube
- 4 Cups Water
Cut the Goat meat into cutlets (see note 4). Then rinse thoroughly, transfer the meat into the Pot, add salt, Seasoning cube, habanero peppers and half of the Onion (see note 5) and cook for 30 minutes.
Add the pepper soup spice, red chili flakes, Ginger powder, the remaining grated onion, and crayfish. Leave it to cook for another 10 minutes.
Stir in the uziza leaves and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot with Yam, Rice, Bread and more.
- You can substitute dry ginger powder for fresh ginger if you choose.
- The amount of peppers you add to the pepper soup depends on your heat tolerance so feel free to increase or reduce the quantity of peppers you use.
- You can substitute Uziza leaves or bitter leaves with Parsley, mint leaves or scent leaves; Be sure to wash bitter leaves and drain them when used.
- I like to cut the goat meat into cutlets because it cooks faster. You can also easily pick it up with a spoon and eat right away. If You are comfortable with chunky meat in your pepper soup please go with it but it might need to cook for a longer time.
- To avoid chunks of Onions in your pepper soup, it’s a good idea to either mince the Onion or use the smaller hole on the grater to grate the Onion. I like to use the later in my pepper soup.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 98g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 303mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 1678mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2.1mg