Tomato Stew With Smoked Turkey Wings
Turkey Stew - Who doesn't like the sound of that! This Turkey stew is a classic affair. It is deeply flavored and inexpensive to make. It is one of my most beloved comfort food of all time. This stew is made with Peppers, Tomatoes, and Onions. Other add-ins like Ginger, Garlic, Tomato paste are also added together with some spices.
Servings 6 Servings
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 4 Plum Tomatoes
- 2 Fresno peppers
- 2 Habanero
- 1 Onion Blend with the peppers
- 1 Onion Diced
- 0.5 Cup Chicken Stock
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger root
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1.5 Tsp Curry Powder
- 0.25 Cup Vegetable Oil or 0.5cup
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Tomato Paste
- White Pepper - To Taste
- Black Pepper - To Taste
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
Wash the peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes then cut them into chunks and blend together with the Garlic, Ginger, and Tomato paste until it becomes smooth.
Boil the pepper on the stove top for about 10 minutes. (See note above)
Preheat the oil in a pot. Once the Oil is hot, add the diced onion, bay leaf, and Thyme. Then fry till the onions become limp.
Stir in the boiled pepper. Cover it up and leave to cook for 10 t0 15 minutes.
Season with Thyme, Curry powder, White powder, Black powder, Salt and stock cubes. Add your choice of Meat and cook for another 5 minutes or till you achieve your desired consistency.
- When cooking the stew, make sure you keep an eye on it, sometimes it gets too thick and you may need to add water or stock at this point.
- Add the spices and mix together thoroughly so that all these ingredients can come together perfectly well. At this point, you are free to add some water or stock (if necessary) to the stew to lighten it up to your taste.
- There is a need for a protein source in this stew which can either be Meat (Beef), Chicken, Fish, Turkey... Though I used smoked Turkey wings for this recipe, feel free to use any other ''protein source'' of your choice.
- If you are a vegetarian, you can go for Tofu or any other Meat substitute. Let it cook for another five minutes or thereabout so that all these ingredients will have time to interact together in the pot.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2480IU | Vitamin C: 95.4mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.9mg