Best Skillet Potatoes
Best Skillet Potatoes - This is an example of a simply prepared meal that yields a rich and intricate flavor. These breakfast potatoes are healthy, tasty and super quick option for a filling breakfast. It requires very simple ingredients and delivers delicious results.
Servings 3 People
- 2 Lb Russet Potatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Peel the potatoes, cut them into small cubes, rinse and drain them and set aside.
Heat the Oil in a skillet and place over a medium heat.
Add the Potatoes. Season with Paprika, Chili powder, Garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover the skillet and leave to cook for 3 minutes then gently stir and flip to the other side
Repeat this process about 4 times - slightly stirring and flipping to the reverse side. (till the potatoes become golden brown and tender)
Throw in the Bell Peppers and Onions. Mix well, cover up and leave to cook until the peppers become crisp and tender. Serve immediately.
- It is best to eat these skillet potatoes while still hot but they still taste good at room temperature.
- I have used Russet potatoes in my recipe, however, Red skin potatoes can also be used.
- Try not to overcrowd the potatoes so that they can all cook evenly
- Ensure the potatoes all touch the pan so as to get each of them well browned.
- I know this is a skillet potato recipe, but don't be discouraged if you don't own a skillet. You can still make this in a non-stick pan - yes, I've tried it and it came out beautiful.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 1532mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2430IU | Vitamin C: 102.5mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3.5mg