Here is a sweet and ”easy to make” treat that is really good for Breakfasts, little gatherings, movie nights, kids birthdays and even picnics.
This is a very simple cake and it takes less than an hour to put everything together. It’s also quite different from our everyday Cupcakes because it requires no icing at all. The best you can do to this cake is just to sprinkle some confectioners sugar on it and you are good to go.
Queens Cake - How to make Queens Cake
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Black Currants
- 2 Tablespoons Milk optional
- Get your oven preheated to 350°F then line your muffin Pan with the Muffin liners and set that aside (you can also just grease and sprinkle some Flour on your Muffin Pan if you can't get the liners)
- Mix together the Flour, Baking powder and the Salt in a large Bowl.
- In another Bowl cream together the Margarine and Sugar until it's light and fluffy
- Add the 2 Eggs one at a time whipping it together at each addition then add the zest of the Lemon together with the vanilla extract.
- Now sift in the Flour and Baking powder mixture into the cream and mix till well combined then fold in the Black currants into the mixture.
- You can add about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of Milk at this point if you want to lighten up the batter a little bit.
- Place in the Oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and Enjoy.