Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting – Just a couple of everyday ingredients come together to create a light, creamy, fluffy, and velvety smooth frosting that is perfect for topping cupcakes, cakes or cookies.
This is my to-go frosting each time I make Cupcakes because it comes together so easily. I used frosting for my easy vanilla cupcake recipe on my birthday last week and everyone enjoyed it. It is one of the easiest frostings you can ever make and it can transform any plain cake into a festive treat.
Buttercream frosting which is also known as Vanilla frosting or butter frosting is very popular and it pairs so well with not just most cake types. It is also a very versatile recipe, hence, you can add your choice of flavoring color
This recipe is very easy to put together, that is why I called it easy vanilla Buttercream frosting because it requires just 4 ingredients and a little whipping time. You can almost never go wrong with this recipe.
Buttercream frosting is best used right away, however, you can store it in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature and cream it together again when you are ready to use it. If it appears too thick, you can add a little milk to thin it to your desired consistency.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Confectioners Sugar Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Food colorings optional
- Whip the butter until it becomes light (About a minute)
- Add the Vanilla extract and whip
- Gradually begin to introduce the sugar a little at a time while creaming on a low speed until the frosting becomes light and fluffy – about 2 t0 3 minutes.
- Add your choice of food coloring if you choose to.
If you make this Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen