Buttercream frosting which is also known as Vanilla frosting or butter frosting is very popular and it pairs so well with not just most cake types. It is also a very versatile recipe, hence, you can add your choice of flavoring color
This recipe is very easy to put together, that is why I called it easy vanilla Buttercream frosting because it requires just 4 ingredients and a little whipping time. You can almost never go wrong with this recipe.
Buttercream frosting is best used right away, however, you can store it in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature and cream it together again when you are ready to use it. If it appears too thick, you can add a little milk to thin it to your desired consistency.
EASY VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Confectioners Sugar Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Food colorings optional
- Whip the butter until it becomes light (About a minute)
- Add the Vanilla extract and whip
- Gradually begin to introduce the sugar a little at a time while creaming on a low speed until the frosting becomes light and fluffy – about 2 t0 3 minutes.
- Add your choice of food coloring if you choose to.