Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe from scratch – Who doesn’t love a homemade light and fluffy Vanilla cupcakes? Especially homemade cupcakes made from scratch?. These vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make yet delicious.
Vanilla cupcakes can be eaten as they are because they are simply good! However, since I made these specifically for my birthday, I decided to make an easy buttercream frosting. The youtube video for the frosting can also be found here.
Unlike the Queens cake which has more of a dense crust, the vanilla cupcake is moist with delicate crumbs almost like the Nigerian pound cake.
These cupcakes require a minimal amount of ingredients and this recipe yields 12 cupcakes. you can do a little math to divide the recipe if you want less or multiply it if you want more.
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature when making this cake. It helps to yield a better texture of Cake.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately, otherwise, the cake will not rise or set well.
- Please try not to over cream your sugar and butter otherwise the cream will be too soft which in turn will result to a coarse crumb cake.
- Line the muffin pan with Cupcake liners, it helps the cake come out easily from the pan, reduces your clean up and on a lighter note, it makes the cake prettier
- Cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made but if you really have to store them, put them in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 3 months.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Eggs large
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
Combine the flour (sifted), baking powder and salt together and set aside Cream the butter and sugar about 4 to 5 minutes using the hand whisk until light and fluffy.
Add the Eggs one at a time creaming the mixture together after each addition until everything is well incorporated.
Divide the flour in two. First, add half of the flour, then the milk and then the remaining half of flour alternately starting with the flour and ending with the flour and whisking after each addition. –
Please be careful not to overwhip at this point.
Divide the batter evenly into the muffin pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Filed Under: Baking Recipes, Cake Recipes
29/03/2018 at 9:01 PM
I could not find what temperature to preheat the oven at???
29/11/2017 at 10:44 PM
That’s the taste I’m searching for. Definitely, gonna try this out with chocolate flavor.
08/12/2017 at 6:27 PM
Sure Martin, go for it. I will be happy to know how it goes.
12/10/2017 at 12:18 AM
I would love to make these cupcakes . In the recipe list it doesn’t clarify the measurement amount for the baking powder. Is it teaspoon or tablespoon?
13/10/2017 at 10:52 AM
Hi Amina, thanks for pointing that out. I’ve rectified it. It is teaspoon. Let me know how it goes whenever you try it.
01/10/2017 at 12:37 PM
You actually exceeded my expectation with this vanilla cup cake recipe. It is fluffy and not too sugary. Thank you for the recipe and keep up the good work Ma.
03/10/2017 at 10:01 AM
Thank youuu… Temitope! I’m so happy you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking time to share with me.
29/09/2017 at 9:51 PM
Nice Recipe! Thanks for all you do !
13/10/2017 at 10:50 AM
You are welcome Mary. I’m glad you like iit here.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Rate this recipe ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆