Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe from scratch – Who doesn’t love homemade light and fluffy Vanilla cupcakes? Especially when it’s homemade!
These vanilla cupcakes are moist, fluffy, and delicious, making them the perfect base for all sorts of mix-ins and frostings. They are just as tasty plain as they are frosted with buttercream or ganache.
VANILLA CUPCAKES FROM SCRATCH
These vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make. They are light, with a soft tender crumb and they are so delicious. These are topped with this easy, rich, and creamy Vanilla Buttercream frosting.
I love easy recipes, however, I’m always very critical of recipes that seem simple but turn out horrible. Here is my approach to baking especially cakes, it has to be easy, tasty, and adaptable. If these three factors are missing then count me out. This recipe is a very easy one but it meets up to my standard of a good cake.
THE EASIEST AND BEST VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE
Most people think of box mixes when they think of making cupcakes; however, nothing beats the real thing, especially if you follow this easy-to-follow recipe.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to make the perfect batch of vanilla cupcakes from scratch using my tried-and-true recipe and step-by-step instructions.
So whether you are hosting a family gathering or just want something sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth, these delightful treats are sure to delight the senses and keep the cupcake lovers happy with their light crumb and flavorful vanilla taste.
Also, be sure to check out our tips on how to make the perfect batch of vanilla cupcakes, and don’t forget to try them topped with Coconut Whipped Cream – Diary-free, whipped cream, or my vanilla buttercream icing!
WHY MAKE YOUR OWN CUPCAKES?
The benefits of baking your own cupcakes include knowing what ingredients are going into them and the ability to customize the recipe and flavors to your liking. Best of all, making cupcakes at home can save you money and unknown additives that come with store-bought cakes. For the perfect batch of vanilla cupcakes, follow the steps below.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING VANILLA CUPCAKES
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE CUPCAKES
This easy vanilla cupcakes recipe keeps things simple with readily available ingredients so that you can create your own masterpiece in no time! Follow this easy recipe, and you will be whipping up delicious cupcakes in no time!
- Step 1: Measure Ingredients – Before you begin baking, it’s important to measure out all your ingredients. First, measure out all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) in one bowl, then measure out wet ingredients (milk, butter) in another bowl.
- Step 2: Combine both the wet and dry ingredients and mix well until the batter is smooth. However, try not to overmix; otherwise, the resulting cake will be dense.
- Step 3: Divide the batter into a set of non-stick 12-cup muffin pans or line with paper cupcake liners.
- Step 4: Bake your cupcakes until they are firm when pressed lightly on top or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. About 18 to 2 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 vanilla cupcakes, so feel free to halve or double it as needed.
Some of our other favorite cake recipes:
- Chocolate Marble Cake
- Plantain Cake
- Classic Pound Cake
- Easy Moist Carrot Cake
- Easy Vanilla CupCake
- Lemon Yogurt Cake
- Red Velvet Cake
I know some cake recipes are created to have more of a dense texture like the Queen cakes but that is not the case for the vanilla cupcake. It has to be moist with delicate crumbs almost like the pound cake but a bit lighter.
Vanilla cupcakes can be eaten as they are because they are simply good! However, since I made these specifically for my birthday, I decided to make an easy buttercream frosting. The video for the frosting can also be found here.
You can buy some of the tools and utensils I used in this recipe
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Baking Powder – This baking powder is Aluminium free. That’s why I love it so much
- Muffin Pan
- Muffin Pan Liner
- Hand-held electric mixer
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my disclosure
WHAT OVEN TEMPERATURE SHOULD I BAKE CUPCAKES?
I like to bake these cupcakes at 350F
HOW LONG TO BAKE CUPCAKES?
These vanilla cupcakes bake up pretty fast. It takes about 20 minutes in a 350F preheated oven.
IMPORTANT TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE PERFECT VANILLA CUPCAKES
- Creaming together the butter and sugar is very important. You need to beat the butter and sugar until the mixture lightens in color. This step is often rushed through because many think it is a waste of time. When you cream the butter and sugar, you’re actually adding air to the mixture, and this will help your cake bake up lighter and fluffier. If this step is rushed through you will end up with a dense Cake.
- Each time an Egg is added to your creamed butter and sugar mixture, make sure that it’s fully incorporated before you add the next. (If the cream appears to curdle after you add an egg it means the cream is not yet homogenous. Beat a bit more until you get a consistent texture throughout the mixture. Room-temperature eggs work best for this.
- After you mix the wet and dry ingredients, stop mixing the batter as soon as it starts to come together. Mixing your cake batter too long can cause it to develop excess gluten and make your resulting cake tough.
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature when making this cake. It helps to yield a better texture of Cake.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately, otherwise, the cake will not rise or set well.
- Please try not to over cream your sugar and butter otherwise the cream will be too soft which in turn will result in a coarse crumb cake.
- Once you add the flour to the cream, it’s very important to be gentle with whisking. A few seconds is enough for each addition. Overwhisking the cake batter will result in a dense cake!
- Line the muffin pan with Cupcake liners, it helps the cake come out easily from the pan, reduces your clean up and on a lighter note, it makes the cake prettier!
- Cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made but if you really have to store them, put them in an airtight container and refrigerate for about 2 days. Freeze them for up to 3 to 6 months. This applies only to unfrosted cupcakes.
- Frosted cakes should be refrigerated the same day.
**These cupcakes recipe yields 12 cupcakes. If you need more or fewer cupcakes, you can easily you can do a little math to divide or multiply the recipe.
So here we go. If you are looking for a Vanilla cupcake recipe that is fast, easy, and simply delicious, this is a good one! Enjoy!!
EASY VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large Eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl whisk, and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (About 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Set the mixer on a low speed and add half of the flour mixture. Beat until fully incorporated (few seconds). Add the milk and beat again till fully incorporated. Finally, whisk in the remaining half of the flour.
- Add the Vanilla extract and whisk. Be careful not to overwhip at this point. Please read ''note 4'' on this.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or till a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
If you make this, Vanilla Cupcake, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen