Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe from scratch – Who doesn’t love a homemade light and fluffy Vanilla cupcakes? Especially homemade cupcakes made from scratch?. These vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make. They are light, with a soft tender crumb and they are so delicious. These are topped with this easy, rich and creamy Vanilla Buttercream frosting.
I love easy recipes, however, I’m always very critical of recipes that seem simple but turn out horrible. Here is my approach to baking especially cakes, it has to be easy, tasty and adaptable. If these three factors are missing then count me out. This recipe is a very easy one but it meets up to my standard of a good cake.
Here is a piece of advice for everybody in general. When making cakes don’t over mix it! Overmixing strengthens the gluten which in turn causes the cake to become foam-like and tough. If you are having this issue, please tone down on the mixing.
I know some cake recipes are created to have more of a dense texture like the Queen cakes but that is not the case for the vanilla cupcake. It has to be moist with delicate crumbs almost like the pound cake but a bit lighter.
Vanilla cupcakes can be eaten as they are because they are simply good! However, since I made these specifically for my birthday, I decided to make an easy buttercream frosting. The video for the frosting can also be found here.
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature when making this cake. It helps to yield a better texture of Cake.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately, otherwise, the cake will not rise or set well.
- Please try not to over cream your sugar and butter otherwise the cream will be too soft which in turn will result in a coarse crumb cake.
- Once you add the flour to the cream, it’s very important to be gentle with whisking. A few seconds is enough for each addition. Overwhisking the cake batter will result in a dense cake!
- Line the muffin pan with Cupcake liners, it helps the cake come out easily from the pan, reduces your clean up and on a lighter note, it makes the cake prettier!
- Cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made but if you really have to store them, put them in an airtight container and refrigerate for about 2 days. Freeze them for up to 3 to 6 months. This applies only to unfrosted cupcakes.
- Frosted cakes should be refrigerated the same day.
**These cupcakes require a minimal amount of ingredients and this recipe yields 12 cupcakes. If you need more or fewer cupcakes, you can easily you can do a little math to divide or multiply the recipe.
So here we go. If you are looking for a Vanilla cupcake recipe that is fast, easy, and simply delicious, this is a good one! Enjoy!!
EASY VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Eggs large
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl whisk and set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (About 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Set the mixer on a low speed and add half of the flour mixture. Beat until fully incorporated (few seconds). Add the milk and beat again till fully incorporated. Finally, whisk in the remaining half of the flour.
- Add the Vanilla extract and whisk. Be careful not to overwhip at this point. Please read ''note 4'' on this.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan and bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or till a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
If you make this, Vanilla Cupcake, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen[mc4wp_form id=”12297″]