Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe from scratch – Who doesn’t love a homemade light and fluffy Vanilla cupcakes? Especially homemade cupcakes made from scratch?. These vanilla cupcakes are super easy to make. They are light, with a soft tender crumb and they are so delicious. These are topped with my easy, rich and creamy Vanilla Buttercream frosting.
I love easy recipes, however, I’m always very critical of recipes that seem simple but turn out horrible. Here is my approach to baking especially cakes, it has to be easy, tasty and adaptable. If these three factors are missing then count me out. This recipe is a very easy one but it meets up to my standard of a good cake.
Here is a piece of advice for everybody in general. When making cakes don’t don’t over mix it. Overmixing strengthens the gluten which in turn causes the cake to become foam-like and tough. If you are having this issue, please tone down on the mixing.
I know some cake recipes are created to have more of a dense texture like the Queen cakes but that is not the case for the vanilla cupcake. It has to be moist with delicate crumbs almost like the pound cake but a bit lighter.
Vanilla cupcakes can be eaten as they are because they are simply good! However, since I made these specifically for my birthday, I decided to make an easy buttercream frosting. The video for the frosting can also be found here.
These cupcakes require a minimal amount of ingredients and this recipe yields 12 cupcakes. If you need more or fewer cupcakes, you can easily you can do a little math to divide or multiply the recipe.
So here we go. If you are looking for a Vanilla cupcake recipe that is fast, easy, and simply delicious, this is a good one! Enjoy!!
EASY VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Eggs large
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Combine the flour (sifted), baking powder and salt together and set aside Cream the butter and sugar about 4 to 5 minutes using the hand whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the Eggs one at a time creaming the mixture together after each addition until everything is well incorporated.
- Divide the flour in two. First, add half of the flour, then the milk and then the remaining half of flour alternately starting with the flour and ending with the flour and whisking after each addition.
- Add the Vanilla extract and whisk. Be careful not to overwhip at this point.
- Once everything is well combined, divide the batter evenly into the muffin pan and bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or till a tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
If you make this, Vanilla Cupcake, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen