This Chocolate marble cake (Swirl Pound Cake) is one of the easiest marble cake you can ever try it comes together pretty fast, and the end product is outstanding. This cake is soft with a delicate crumb, and it will literally melt in your mouth. It is not overly sweet so you can eat it as is; likewise, you can make your desired frosting to cover it up.
As with every cake recipe, the first thing is to spray the pan with a good cooking spray, lay a non-stick parchment paper that will fit the base of the pan this will allow the cake to come out easily from the pan once it’s done. and set it aside. Also get your oven preheated to 350°F (18°c or Gas mark 4)
The next step is to melt the butter in a pan. The butter is just to be melted and not to be overheated as soon as it’s melted take it off the heat. You can also microwave it. While the butter is still hot, stir in the cocoa powder until its totally dissolved in the water once it aside
Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and Salt in a large bowl and together thoroughly because you want the air to be introduced inside the flour. Alternatively, simply sift the flour baking powder and Salt. The aim is to add enough air inside the flour so that the resulting cake will turn out airy. Set that aside.
In a separate bowl combine the butter and the Sugar and whisk that together until everything becomes creamy. Also, don’t forget to scrape down the sides of your bowl so that everything can come together well. A good consistency cream should be achieved by 3 minutes for their bout. However, if you feel there is a need to cream a bit further you can.
Add the Egg one at a time and cream together with the butter and sugar until the egg is totally incorporated into the cream. (Please scrape down the sides of your bowl. It’s very important because you want everything to be uniform). Add the vanilla extracts and whisk together for about one more minute.
Add the flour and Milk alternately starting with the flour and ending with the flour and mix until the batter becomes smooth. It is very important not to over mix the batter at this point otherwise the cake will turn out dense.
Take out about a cup of batter from this mixture, transfer it inside a separate bowl then add the chocolate mixture that was made earlier and fold that inside the batter until everything is well incorporated
The fun part of making the chocolate marble cake:
The fun part of making our cake is the Start with a layer of the white batter. Then drop by spoonfuls the dark chocolate batter over the white batter then use a skewer or a knife to create the marble effect on your cake. Repeat this one more time for the rest of the batter.
Bake at 350ºF for about 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave your delicious cake on the tabletop to cool for about 10 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
Watch how to make the Chocolate Marble Cake Video here:
Chocolate Marble Cake (Swirl Pound Cake)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 unsalted butter 6 ounces unsalted butter at room temp.
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 2 eggs large
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract pure
- 3/4 cup milk
- Get your Oven preheated to 350F. Spray a 9 by 5 pan with a cooking spray. Line the base with a parchment paper spray the paper and set it aside
- Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa powder and set aside
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and Salt
- In a large bowl cream together the Butter and sugar
- Add the Eggs one at a time. Creaming together the mixture after each addition until the Egg is totally absorbed by the cream
- Add the Flour and milk alternately starting with the flour and ending with the flour until everything is well combined.
- Scoop out about a cup of batter and put that in a separate bowl. Add the melted butter and cocoa mixture and stir together until everything is well blended.
- Add half of the white batter in a 9 by 5 loaf pan, followed by half of the dark batter (in three large scoops) in a loaf pan; then use a table knife to make a swirl pattern on the cake. Repeat again with the remaining batter.
- Place the pan in a 350F preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
If you make this Marble Cake, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen