Most of us africans cannot do without adding stew to most of our meals. It is what we basically grow up with. We do have various ways of preparing our stews but today, I will be showing you the basic way.
Also note that this stew can take up to 1 Hr and 30 minutes if you will have to make it from scratch (from boiling the meat to blending the starter sauce – Recipe here) but if you are like me and you have everything handy then you will be done in about 20 minutes.
Nigerian Stew Recipe
- 5 Cups starter Sauce if you use my recipe
- 1/4 cup palm Oil
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 11/2 Cup Stock any choice of stock will work
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 Stock Cube
- Salt to taste
- Beef use what suits you like Fish, Chicken,Tofu Vegetables etc
- Add the Palm Oil and Vegetable to a Pot
- Once the Oil is hot, add the starter sauce and the stock and let it come to a boil
- Add Paprika, Curry Powder and stock cube and Salt to taste
- Add Meat, Fish or whatever you like
- Allow it to come to a boil once more
- serve with Rice, Beans,Yam, Spaghetti...... ENJOY!