Breakfast Potatoes – This is an example of a simply prepared meal that yields a rich and intricate flavor. This recipe is a healthy, tasty, and super quick option for a filling breakfast. It requires very simple ingredients and delivers delicious results.
Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
Breakfast potatoes are a healthy and delicious dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! This super easy recipe requires just a few ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time. They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside and they are made with everyday pantry ingredients, like potatoes and olive oil, but they taste far from ordinary.
One of the reasons why I like this recipe is because it’s very filling at the same time it’s not going to weigh you down during the cause of the day. Another reason is that it’s inexpensive yet, nourishing and flavorful. So, What’s there not to like about these quick-to-throw-together skillet recipe?
You may also want to try making these breakfast potatoes in the air fryer!
Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian
The Potatoes are cooked in the skillet and seasoned with Paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The vegetables are then added. Everything is then stirred together to create For a spicy touch, I added some chili powder. Chili flakes can also be used. However, if you don’t want the heat, you can skip it.
If you’re looking for a simple vegetarian or non-vegetarian breakfast recipe, this recipe is easily adaptable! Pairing it with your favorite meat, or seafood or simply topping it with fried eggs makes it a well-rounded dish.
These tasty breakfast recipe make a perfect side dish for any breakfast or brunch, and they’re easy enough to prepare for a weekday meal.
How To Make Breakfast Potatoes
You can put this amazing skillet recipe in three easy steps:
- Step 1:Prepare the Potatoes
First of all, you need to prepare the potatoes by peeling them and cutting them into equal cubes. This will ensure even cooking. Rinse them in cold tap water, drain and set it aside while you prepare the other ingredients. Note: If you want the skin on, simply scrub them thoroughly before cutting them into cubes.
- Step 2: Prepare the vegetables
Dice the Bell peppers – Slice off the top of the peppers to easily remove the stem. Slice off the bottom as well and run your knife around the inside of the pepper to remove the seeds in one piece. Cut the pepper open from the top down and use your hand or your knife to pull away any remaining fibrous filament and begin to dice the peppers. Dice the Onions as well.
- Step 3: Cook the Potatoes
Finally, throw the potatoes in preheated oil. Add the Paprika, Garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste. Finish it up by adding some cilantro or Parsley and Voila! Your breakfast potato is ready.
Other Potato Recipes you might want to try:
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Breakfast potatoes and Egg Stew
- Stewed Beef Potato
- African Mashed potatoes, corn, and peas
- chicken and potato bake
- Oven-roasted Sweet Potatoes
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT – Video
I hope that we have been able to show you the deliciousness and simplicity of this breakfast recipe. They are an easy and tasty way to start the day!
- 2 lb russet potatoes
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive Oil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small Onion diced
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Peel the potatoes cut them into small cubes, rinse, drain and set them aside.
- Season the potatoes with paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes into the skillet on a single layer (don’t overcrowd). Cover the skillet and leave to cook for 3 minutes, then gently stir and flip to the other side.
- Repeat this process about four times, stirring and flipping until the potatoes become golden brown and tender.
- Throw in the bell peppers and onions. Mix well, cover up and leave to cook until the peppers become crisp and tender—about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with avocado slices if desired.
- I have used Russet potatoes in my recipe; however, almost any type of potatoes can also be used.
- If you don’t own a skillet, you can use a non-stick pan or a heavy bottom pan.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen