Baked Chicken Drumsticks – Mouthwatering, juicy, perfectly seasoned drumsticks made so simple and effortless, this recipe will make you think twice about ordering takeout!
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
These chicken drumsticks are packed with flavor yet they are easy to prepare. They are great for a quick and easy mid-week dinner and you probably already have most, if not all, of the necessary seasonings in your kitchen, and you’ll be amazed to see how they complement the succulent drumsticks.
Why I love this recipe
- Simple meal
- Great flavor
- Easy cleanup
How long to make Baked Chicken Legs?
You can have this recipe ready to serve in about 45 minutes, and most of that is cook time! The prep time takes less than 10 minutes.
Are Baked Chicken Drumsticks healthy?
They are definitely healthier than when they are fried! This recipe only uses a little olive oil. Baked chicken drumsticks are certainly nutritious and you can make them even enjoy them more by pairing them with vegetables.
Can you bake chicken Legs frozen?
Technically, you can, though it will certainly ruin the seasoning for this recipe. Frozen chicken takes much longer to bake and carries an uncertainty of the inner parts of the chicken reaching a proper temperature to eat safely. Baking frozen chicken simply makes it too easy to under or overcook the chicken.
When baking chicken legs do you cover it?
That depends on the recipe. You certainly can, but this recipe and the specific baking time listed is for uncovered drumsticks.
What to serve with Baked Chicken Drumsticks?
These drumsticks can work with just about any other vegetable, baked or mashed potatoes, or rice.
How long do Baked Chicken Legs keep?
Baked Chicken Drumsticks can keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
You can suit the seasoning to your tastes by including:
- Italian seasoning
“Other Easy Chicken dinner recipes you might want to try:”
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken wings
- Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- Easy dry rub roast chicken
- Peri-Peri Chicken
- Baked Chicken Breasts
- Air fryer Chicken legs
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Chicken Fricassée
- Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and lightly brush the foil with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all the seasonings and spices - garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, curry powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken legs dry with paper towels. Place them inside a large bowl, and add the olive oil and the spice mix. Rub all over the chicken.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the meat reaches 165 degrees or higher. Serve immediately.
If you make these Baked Chicken drumsticks, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen