Crispy Fried Chicken Drumsticks – This delicacy needs little to no introduction as most of us are really familiar with it, it’s crispy, it’s spicy and most of all it’s super easy to make.
I used peanut Oil because of its high smoke point and…well….taste and I will advise you to do the same or better still use oils like Grapeseed, Canola, Corn, Olive, Sesame seed or Sunflower.
I know there are two teams when it comes to washing or not washing your Chicken before cooking it – This is totally up to you.
Feel free to use any Chicken part of your choice as long as it is cut into small portions – When the Chicken piece is too big, it will take a longer time to cook and the outer part might become overly browned before it becomes fully cooked on the inside.
crispy fried chicken drumsticks
- 2 lb Chicken Thigh
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 Tsp Onion powder
- 2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Black pepper
- Chili powder to taste
- 2-3 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Enough Oil for deep frying
- Combine the Flour, Onion powder, Garlic powder, Paprika, Black pepper and Chili powder together in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Whisk together the Milk, Egg, salt and Pepper in a separate bowl and set aside as well.
- Dip the Chicken in the first in the seasoned flour then transfer it to the milk and Egg mixture, and finally back into the Flour.
- Fry in a preheated Oil of about 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oil, turning over in between the frying process till it fully cooked on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper Towel to remove any excess Oil. ENJOY!