Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings – An incredibly tasty baked chicken wings recipe with no marinade all you need is just Paprika, Garlic powder, Cumin, Onion Powder, Salt, Black Pepper, Cornstarch, and Olive Oil. Great for the low-carb eaters when compared to deep frying!
This easy to make baked Chicken wings are crispy without being fried. It takes less than 10 minutes to prep., and it’s also pretty easy to customize to your taste; You can add different sauces and herbs, and you can bake the wings on a roasting pan if you want.
Also, this dry rub wings can be cooked immediately. You don’t need to refrigerate or marinate the meat. Simply place it inside the preheated oven as soon as you are done rubbing it with the spices.
How To Prepare the Baked Chicken Wings
Rinse the Wings if you are a believer of the Chicken rinsing movement, then pat it dry with a clean Kitchen towel or a paper Towel. I always like to use a paper towel because I can easily trash it once I’m done using it.
Next, season the Chicken with all the spices, Cornstarch and Oil. Then, use your hands to massage the seasoning on the wings making sure you get into every nook and cranny until all the wings are evenly covered with the spices.
Arrange the wings on a wire rack placed over a baking pan lined with foil paper: The foil paper will help to collect all the drippings from the Chicken which will help reduce your clean up time.
Place in a 425°F preheated oven and cook for 40 to 45 minutes, turning it over when it’s about 10 minutes to the end of it’s cook time.
Easy, crispy, and delicious Oven Baked Chicken wings without the mess of deep frying. These are great to serve at your next potluck, party or BBQ and watch them disappear in a jiffy. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family always do.
- Make sure your wings are dry before dredging them in flour, this will keep them from being soggy.
- The Cornstarch gives the wings a very nice crispy coating
- Don’t skip the addition of Oil as well, and it also helps in crisping up the chicken skin.
- If you don’t like cornstarch, simply use all-purpose flour although the Cornstarch gives the wings a nicer finished look.
I’m a sucker for Chicken wings, and I literally snack on them as is and sometimes with dips. However, you can serve with a side of rice, chicken gravy, or Vegetable salad.
Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings Cut into wingettes & drumettes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Rinse the Chicken wings and pat it dry with a Paper towel
- Transfer the wings inside a large bowl and add the Paprika, Garlic powder, Cumin, Cayenne pepper, Onion Powder, Salt, Black Pepper, Cornstarch, and Olive Oil
- Massage the Chicken properly with the seasoning. Make sure the spices touch all the parts of the wings.
- Arrange the wings on a wire rack and place it over a baking Pan.
- Bake the first side of the wings for 30 minutes in a 425°F oven. Afterward, turn the wings over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy while hot.
If you make this Dry Rub Baked Chicken Wings, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen