Nothing beats the delicious flavor of baked chicken breast a home. These chicken breasts are deliciously seasoned and cooked in the oven until golden. Simple, fast, and incredibly tasty!
These days, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a favorite because they are:
- low in fat
- high in protein
- they have a good appeal to the eyes
- they are simply delicious!
How to Bake Chicken Breasts
I’m going to show you how to make the most flavorful and juicy chicken breast in your oven without marinating. With just a few ingredients, you’ll have the most delicious chicken breasts to serve for dinner.
First, I pound my chicken breasts with a mallet, rolling pin, or a small heavy pot. This will allow the chicken surface to even out, which will, in turn, enable the chicken to cook evenly.
I bake at 425F until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees that’s about 20 minutes bake time. You may need a little more or less time depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
If you make enough for cold leftovers, you can use them in your salads.
How to store Baked Chicken Breasts
To store the chicken breasts, let them stand for 30 minutes to cool down completely. Place them in a shallow airtight container or wrap securely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate. It will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
My Baked Chicken Seasoning Blend
For this baked chicken breast recipe, I’m featuring a yummy chicken seasoning blend that you can make at home. You will need salt, ground pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried rosemary, olive oil, and parsley to create this delicious seasoning blend.
This chicken seasoning adds a delicious flavor that’s unmatched by any store-bought chicken seasoning blend.
Frequently asked questions on Baking time?
The main key to making a perfectly juicy chicken breast is not to overcook the chicken. I have provided some other baking temperatures below, this will serve as a basic guide to making a juicy chicken breast.
How long does it take to bake a chicken breast at 425?
Bake at 425°F for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
How long does it take to bake a chicken breast at 400?
Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
How long do you bake chicken breast in the oven at 375?
Bake at 375°F 25 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F degrees.
What should I serve with chicken breast?
Now that I’ve shared some information about how to create a perfect seasoning blend and how long to cook a perfect baked chicken breast, I thought you might be wondering what to serve with this flavorful baked chicken breast.
Many sides work with chicken breasts, but below are the most popular sides.
The options of what to serve with chicken breast will vary from family to family, but the above ideas should get you headed in the right direction.
Watch how to make it:
[su_box title=”Other Favorite Chicken Recipes:” box_color=”#273B56″]
- Avocado Chimichurri Chicken Salad
- Easy Chicken and bell pepper saute
- Dry Rub Roast Chicken
- Dry rub baked chicken wings
- Easy Juicy baked chicken drumsticks
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
If using frozen breasts, be sure to let it thaw completely before using them.
It’s important to use chicken breasts of the same or almost the same sizes so that they can cook at the same time.
PERFECT JUICY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp salt or add salt to taste
- 11/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Place a plastic wrap over the chicken breasts and pound with a rolling pin, mallet, or small heavy skillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Chicken Seasoning Blend by combining the salt, black pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried rosemary in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Rub generously with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with the seasoning mix. Use as much as you like.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Note: The thinner breasts will cook faster than thicker breasts, so it’s best to start checking for doneness at about 20-minute mark. Note: If you want a browned crispy top, set your oven to broil at about 4 minutes to the end of cook time and leave to broil on high temperature.
- If you like a browned crispy top on your chicken breasts, set your oven to broil when it’s about 4 minutes to the end of cook time and broil on high till golden brown. If you don’t care about the brownness, you can skip this step.
- Allow the chicken rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.