Banana Muffins – Nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven. These tasty little banana muffins are so easy to make and will fast become a breakfast favorite. You can also make a double batch and freeze for later.
Simple And Easy Banana Bread
Here is a very basic and very forgiving muffin recipe. It takes just 10 minutes to whisk together and about 20 minutes to get baked.
These muffins are light and fluffy, and to achieve this texture, you should always stir till just all the ingredients are just combined. Trust me, it’s so easy to over mix the batter without even thinking about it – this will result in a dry and dense muffin.
Note that, I used 3/4 cup of sugar in this recipe but I understand that we have different sugar caving levels. If you have a sweet tooth you can increase it and if you are the less sugar consumer, feel free to reduce the sugar to half of a cup.
How to make Banana Muffins
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Combine the wet ingredients
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients
- And add wet ingredients.
- Mix until just moistened. Don’t over mix to prevent dry muffins
- Bake and serve warm.
Type of Banana: You will need overripe bananas for this recipe in order to get that lovely, moist texture and abundant flavor.
Mashing the Banana: A fork will do this with ease as long as the bananas are very ripe. If you like to have some chunks in the muffins, feel free to leave some bits unmashed, and if you don’t like it chunky, feel free to mash or blend till smooth.
Sugar: In this recipe, I used 3/4 cup of sugar, which is perfectly okay for me. However, you can use 1 cup if you have a sweet tooth.
Watch the Banana Muffin Recipe Video
Can I freeze Banana Muffins?
Yes. Here is how to Freeze Banana Muffins in order to preserve its fresh flavor and texture.
- Allow the banana muffins to cool completely.
- Place them in a freezer-friendly storage bag or reusable container.
- Remember to date the bag for up to 2 months.
- When you are ready to use, thaw the muffins in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Start with this basic banana muffin recipe, and add one of several different ingredients for a variety of different muffins – raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, nuts, or a sprinkle of oatmeal.
Favorite Banana Recipes:
- If you feel like making Banana Bread and all you have is just the yellow ripe bananas, you don’t have to wait for them to become overripe, simply place them in a baking tray and bake in a 350F preheated oven for about ten minutes or till the skin turns brown-black.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas large, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar use 1 cup if you have a sweet tooth
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the muffin pans with a non-stick spray or use paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas, add the egg, melted butter, sugar, egg, and sugar in another bowl.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and fold until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till the muffins spring back when lightly tapped.
If you make these Banana Muffins, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen