You’ll love this easy to make delicious and Moist homemade Banana Bread fresh from the oven. It’s simple, moist, and tasty with the banana the star and with just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect with a cold glass of milk, hot coffee, tea or just eat as is!
This banana bread looks so appetizing after you pull it out from the oven. It has a delightful golden brown caramelized crust. It’s my go-to recipe whenever I have over-ripe bananas laying sitting on my countertop. Sometimes depending on my mood or the season of the year, I add some warm spices like Ground Cinnamon or Nutmeg for a distinctive flavor.
For this Banana Bread, I added some chopped pecans for a little extra crunch. However, you can add your own tweak to it like raisins, craisins, or walnuts.
It’s so easy to make this Banana Bread – simply mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl. Then combine both the wet and the dry ingredients together. The result will be a thick sweet batter that is full of mashed bananas. Scrape the batter inside your prepared pan, bake and you are done!
This Banana Bread has a decent amount of bananas for a more moist loaf and more robust banana flavor. However, the banana taste is not too overwhelming. Be sure to let your bananas become fully ripe with lots of brown on the skin before you use it. You will need overripe bananas for this recipe in order to get that lovely, moist texture and abundant flavor. I usually freeze overripe ripe bananas until I have sufficient for a recipe, so there’s no need to throw out the odd black ones – and if you feel like making Banana Bread or banana muffins and all you have is just the yellow ripe bananas, you don’t have to wait for them to become overripe, simply place them in a baking tray and bake in a 350F preheated oven for about ten minutes or till the skin turns brown-black.
It’s very important not to over mix the batter. The batter does not have to be smooth like a cake batter. Over mixing it will result in tough, rubbery bread.
[su_box title=”Other easy loaf recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
[su_box title=”Other favorite banana recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
Banana Bread can be eaten warm or cold. Though I prefer eating mine hot and fresh from the oven, however, the hubby believes the second-day cold banana bread tastes better!
How to make Banana Bread
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter 1 stick at room temperature
- 2 eggs large
- 4 bananas
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt if using unsalted Butter
- Gease the Baking pan with some Butter then coat it with some Flour and set aside
- Cream the Sugar and Butter until it's combined then add the Eggs and cream together as well and set aside
- In another bowl mash together 4 large ripe Bananas and set aside as well
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, Baking soda and a pinch of salt (if not using salted Butter) then add the creamed Butter mixture together with the mashed Bananas and mix together until it's all combined.
- Place in a 350°F preheated oven for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle of the Bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
You might also want to check out these Banana recipes:
If you make this Delicious and Moist Homemade Banana Bread, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen