Fried Banana – This is a simple recipe, but a good one. It has a nice gooey interior and a crispy crust around the edges. It’s a sweet tasty treat that can be eaten as a side dish, snacks or as is. It’s simple, quick and delicious. Once you give this a try, you will fall in love with it!
Some people are familiar with fried plantains, but not a lot of people know that Bananas can be fried. Yes, bananas can be fried, and they can be quite addictive if done right. You can serve it as a side dish, dessert or eat as is.
There are a couple of people who love to add sugar and cinnamon to their fried Banana to make it an exotic dessert. I usually don’t do this because Banana is sweet on its own. However, I do like to sprinkle a bit of salt on it to give it a sweet and salty taste.
The addition of salt may or may not be necessary depending on your preference. If you want to use this as a dessert, I will advise you skip the salt. On the other hand, if you choose to use this as a side, I will advise you season with a tiny amount of salt.
You can watch the video on how to fry Bananas below:
How to choose the right Banana for making fried Banana
Choosing the right banana is very important when making fried bananas.
- It’s important to choose a semi-ripe or ripe but firm bananas like the one in the picture below. The Banana should be yellow with Green tips. The result will be a well-fried banana with a gooey interior and a nice crispy crust around the edges.
- If you choose the really ripe Bananas, it will turn out oily and mushy, and if you choose the over-ripe ones, it will completely disintegrate inside the Oil.
- No, green Banana is not an option to consider for this recipe.
I love to serve my fried Bananas with Grilled Fish, Rice, Stew or just eat as is. Let me know how you like to eat yours!
- 4 Bananas
- Salt optional
- Vegetable oil enough to deep fry
- Peel the Bananas and cut into slices about a half-inch thick. Season with salt (optional)
- Fry in oil over medium to high heat flipping over a couple of times until golden brown.
If you make this Fried banana recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook.#cheflolaskitchen