Lemon Yogurt Cake – This is my go-to recipe for lemon cake, always perfect. The texture of this Cake is pretty unique; the edges bake up crispy, sweet, and caramelized and tastes like butter cookies right out of the oven while the inside stays moist and delicious. No one will ever guess how easy it is to make.
Lemon Yogurt Cake
Lemon Yogurt Cake is a quick cake that uses real and genuine ingredients, and it’s extremely quick and easy to make. It has a complex but pleasant taste of yogurt, lemon, and vanilla combined. You can make them when you are in a hurry or use them to teach your kids how to bake because it’s so forgiving.
Just like with many quick cakes, you can use sifted or unsifted flour measurements for you Lemon Cake to save a step because the batter is quite forgiving and this will have no negative impact on your Cake. You can also mix the batter in a bowl in a matter of minutes with or without the hand mixer. How easy is that?
Watch how to make this Lemon Cake here:
I have to let you know that it is best to use an odorless Oil like vegetable Oil or Canola Oil for this Cake. Butter will also work just fine. Also, Coconut Oil can be used; this will give the cake a slightly nutty taste.
If you choose to use margarine, you may need to increase the quantity of sugar a little bit because margarine is quite salty and the salt might reflect in the taste of the Cake. However, I try to stay away from Olive Oil completely because I find the taste too overpowering for this cake.
This cake is one of my to-go cake whenever I feel like eating a cake or when I have a last-minute guest, and I don’t feel like using any fancy equipment. You know those days when it becomes a task to take out your mixer right? For those days try out this easy Yogurt cake recipe, and I’m sure you will like it. Enjoy!
- When grating the Lemon, it is important to grate only the yellow part that is the flavorful part called the zest. The thick white part which is known as the pith should be avoided because it is bitter.
- I usually don’t glaze my Yogurt Cake because it’s sweet on its own. However, you can coat with any glaze of choice if you choose to or sprinkle some icing sugar over it.
- I baked my Cake in a 9 by 5 loaf pan, but you bake them in Muffin pans and make them into Cupcakes. However, you will have to bake for about 30 minutes rather than 45 minutes.
Lemon Yogurt Cake - How to make French Yoghurt CakePrint Pin Rate
- 11/2 All-purpose flour
- Tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest The Zest of 1 medium sized Lemon
- 3 Eggs
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- Spray a 9 by 5 baking pan and set aside
- Combine the Sugar and the Lemon Zest. Then use your fingers to massage the zest with the Sugar.
- Add the yogurt, Oil, Egg, and Vanilla to the Sugar and Zest then mix till all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the Flour, Baking powder, and Salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and pour the mixture into the prepared Pan.
- Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or till golden brown. Enjoy
If you make this Lemon Yogurt Cake, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen