How to make Jollof Couscous – Couscous is a staple in North African cooking. It’s the type of Pasta made from Semolina and sometimes a mixture of Semolina and wheat flour.
If you like Jollof Rice, you are going to love this one. This couscous recipe is almost everything Jollof, the only difference is that, this takes so much of a shorter time to put together.
If you are familiar with Nigerian cuisine, you will know that Jollof Rice is very dear to our hearts and we make it in different forms ranging from the baked Jollof Rice to the party style Jollof Rice. In the same vein, I have patterned this couscous recipe almost the same way the Nigerian Jollof Rice is made. You can also check out my Jollof spagetti recipe here in case you missed it.
Couscous is very versatile, so you can pair it up with any accompaniment of your choice.
Here is the link to the Sauce used for this recipe
Don’t use water to boil your couscous for this particular recipe it will turn out bland use chicken stock.
The couscous should come out dry and not overly soft or mushy, therefore, there is a need to mindful of the quantity of stock used.
How to make Jollof Couscous - A nice couscous Recipe
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 Cup Broth
- 1 Onion Medium Diced
- 1 Green Onion Diced
- 1 Tomato Medium Diced
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Salt To Taste
- Preheat the olive oil in a Pot.
- Throw in the diced Onion, Green Onion, and Tomato and leave it to steam for about a minute or two.
- Season with Black pepper, Paprika, Curry powder, add the blended sauce and leave to cook for another one to two minutes.
- Add the stock and season with salt if necessary, cover it up and leave to come to a rolling boil.
- Add the couscous and mix it together briefly, then turn off the stove immediately.
- cover it up for about 10 minutes until all the water has been absorbed by the Couscous.
- Fluff it up with a fork and serve it up with your desired accompaniment. Enjoy!
Thursday 19th of August 2021
Saturday 5th of June 2021
Nice one I love it
Saturday 6th of March 2021
it's my first time of preparing it, it's so tasty and delicious..... my kids appreciate the change in taste ad breakfast. tanx to Chief Lola
Wednesday 14th of July 2021
Thanks for letting me know Ray! 😊
Wednesday 18th of November 2020
I love it
Sunday 2nd of February 2020
I tried this today and it was so delicious. I prepared this specially for one 19 month old son. Am sure he would enjoy it.
Monday 9th of November 2020
@Lola Osinkolu, I love your Food
Tuesday 4th of February 2020
Oooh, I’m so glad you enjoyed this Favour! I really appreciate the feedback ❤️