Are you bored with everyday spaghetti and sauce try this Jollof Spaghetti – An easy to make recipe with just a couple of ingredients and your lunch or dinner table is set.
Making Jollof Spaghetti is almost the same as making the Nigerian Jollof Rice, I only add a little twist to this recipe to make it a more suited for Spaghetti.
Note: My mixed vegetables consist of Carrots, Green Beans, and Sweet Peas but feel free to use any choice of Vegetables.
How to make Jollof Spaghetti - Jollof Spaghetti Recipe
- 227 g Spaghetti
- 1.5 cup Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 lb ground beef Minced Meat
- 1 Onion small
- 1 Tomato large
- 3 green Onions Sprigs of
- 3 Bay leaves
- 6 oz mixed vegetables
- 3 Tbsp vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp curry powder
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 3/4 Tsp soup base or 1 stock cube
- Stir fry the Onions, scallions and bay leaves in the Oil for about a minute or 2 then season with curry powder, soup base Thyme and salt to taste.
- Add the ground beef and break into somewhat big chunks (don't break them too much) and allow it to cook in its own juice until it's almost done (about 90 percent done)
- Add the sauce and cook for a while in the meat juice for about 2 to 3 minutes then add some water to thin it out.
- Break the spaghetti into 2 to 3 parts (if this is a taboo for you you can just cook it 'as is') and add it into a hot boiling Water.
- Add salt to taste and cook for about 8 minutes then take it off the heat and drain the Water.
- Add the boiled pasta to the sauce together with the mixed vegetables, sliced Tomatoes, and the rest of the scallions.
- Allow it to come to a simmer for about 3 more minutes and take it off the heat.
- Serve and Enjoy!
If you enjoy this Jollof Spaghetti recipe, you might also like these: