Honey Glazed Carrots – baby carrots cooked in honey, butter, with a hint of garlic, ginger, and lemon glaze – really nice flavor combination. Simple, easy, and delicious!
Honey Glazed Carrots
The carrots are perfectly tender, and they taste amazing. They will work as a side dish or a standalone meal.
If you have friends or family members that say they hate cooked carrots, then look no further, these easy honey glazed carrots will change their mind!
How do you make baby carrots?
For this recipe, I used a pound of baby carrots; however, this recipe works well in multiples, so feel free to double or triple the recipe as needed.
To prepare the baby carrots, first, rinse them and place them in a medium saucepan with salt and water.
Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil for approximately 5-6 minutes until they’re tender – The baby carrots need to be fully cooked to a tender texture to ensure that the carrots soak up the flavor from the honey, lemon juice, and parsley.
Can you reheat honey glazed carrots?
You can reheat the honey glazed carrots in an oven preheated at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes or until the leftovers are thoroughly heated through.
Can I freeze glazed carrots?
I don’t recommend you freeze glazed carrots. Baby carrots tend to become mushy when you’ve stored them in the freezer and then thaw for later consumption. It’s best to store your leftover in the refrigerator and reheat within a few days for the best flavor and texture.
[su_box title=”Other side dishes you might like:” box_color=”#273B56″]
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Crispy Oven-roasted yuca fries
- Garlic Roasted potatoes
- Crispy Plantain fries
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Rinse carrots and put in a medium saucepan, season with salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the carrots and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter together with garlic, and ginger over medium to low heat — stir in the honey and lemon juice.
- Add the carrots and gently stir. Cook for another 5 minutes until the carrots are hot and glazed.
- Garnish with parsley and a dash of ground pepper if desired.
If you make these Honey Glazed Carrots, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook.#cheflolaskitchen