Air Fryer Salmon – This simple dish is perfect for anyone looking for a quick, easy, and tasty shot of healthy protein. Cooked in an air fryer, it’s easy to get that moist, flaky texture that makes salmon so delicious.
Salmon Fish in the Air Fryer
This Salmon recipe uses very few ingredients to bring out the great flavor of salmon fish. The fish is cooked with an air fryer for the shortest amount of time so that the finished meat is tender and moist.
You might have a few fish recipes up your sleeve, but this air fryer salmon fish is something you’ve got to try. the cooking process is so fast and easy and the flavors meld together into the tender and juicy fish. It’s so flavorful yet delicate, you’ll eat up every last bite!
Now, using an air fryer to cook salmon means you don’t have to use copious amounts of oil to bathe your salmon. After all, it’s not cod you’re cooking with, so why would you try to bury the taste? You want to highlight the salmon as the centerfold of your dish, but still achieve that crispy outer layer that provides the perfect biting texture.
Perfect for week nights and Meal preps.
Salmon is a fantastic dish for any occasion, whether it’s a casual night in or you’re hosting a dinner with friends. It’s healthy, light, and packed with protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. However, there’s a lot of negativity around using frozen salmon as the center of any dish. While it’s true that when it comes to overall quality, frozen salmon can never compare to the taste and texture of fresh salmon, it’s still a great option if you don’t have time to get to a fish market.
One of the pros is that it’s almost always on sale so be sure to always check on the frozen seafood aisle and pack them up when you see them on sale!
Skin on or no skin?
The skin on the salmon fish is perfectly edible, and it crisps up nicely when made with the air fryer. I like it with the skin so that’s what I buy but you may choose the skinless salmon if you really don’t care about it.
How long does air fryer salmon take to make?
With prep and cooling taken into account, air fryer frozen salmon takes around 15-25 minutes in total. In other words, not long at all.
Why should I use frozen salmon?
It’s up to you whether you use fresh or frozen salmon for this recipe- however, since we’re frying the fish, you may as well use a cheaper option.
How do I prep my salmon?
If you’re using a salmon filet, ensure it’ll fit into your air fryer basket comfortably and cook evenly across both sides of the fish. For salmon chunks or filets, it might be best to cook in batches to ensure it’s cooked evenly throughout.
Suggestions on what to serve with Air Fryer Salmon:
- The cooking time might vary depending on the salmon’s thickness; hence, there may be a slight difference in the cooking time; likewise, the cooking time may also vary between air fryers.
- To test for doneness, open up the middle of the fish with a fork. If undone, leave to cook for another 1 or 2 minutes or as necessary.
Other delicious Salmon recipes to try:
- Hearty Salmon Stew
- Easy Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe
- Blackened Salmon with Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms
Now let’s dive into how to make this fast and delicious entree!
How to Cook Frozen Salmon in an Air Fryer
- 1 lb Salmon Fish Frozen
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Combine all the seasonings except the oil.
- Brush the oil over both sides of the fish and rub on the seasoning.
- Place the fish on the air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes. If the fish comes with skin, turn to the skin side and air fry for another 5 to 6 minutes. For skinless salmon, cook for 3 to 5 more minutes.
If you make this recipe I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen