This Baked Salmon recipe is a quick, healthy and nutritious dish to introduce fish into your diet. It will be at the top of your go-to list when in need of a quick and nutritious meal. It requires minimal ingredients, and a short cooking time and the outcome is delicious!
Baked Salmon Recipe
Oven-baked salmon is the perfect meal to make when you’re craving something simple because it doesn’t need much help to become a delicious meal. Made with just a few ingredients and it’s ready in less than 20 minutes! It’s quick, easy, light yet filling, and super delicious.
When I’m craving a good meal, but don’t want to work too hard for it, simple is always the best solution. This oven-baked salmon is the perfect example of how simple food can be so good!
Seasoning is key!
Making oven-baked salmon is a great meal choice for a quick weeknight dinner that tastes incredible. However, when making salmon in the oven without enough spices, it can be pretty bland and boring. That’s because salmon gets most of its flavor from the marinade or seasoning it’s cooked with. The trick to getting the perfect delicious baked salmon is to first make sure that you season it properly.
Is Salmon Healthy?
Aside from the great and mouthwatering taste, you will benefit from eating salmon. Of course, it is super healthy. Let’s see the benefits together below:
- Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and animal protein that nourishes the body.
- Compared to other red meats, salmon has low calories and less saturated fats. Salmon is perfect if you are on a low-carb and low-sugar diet.
- Salmon is your sure source of vitamin B, calcium, and antioxidants.
How to make baked salmon
- Buy and prepare your fresh, pink moist salmon fillets. Preferably wild-caught.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F or 200°C and prepare your baking pan by greasing it.
- Season your salmon fillet with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, and arrange it on the baking pan.
- Mix other ingredients like olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and paprika. Paste and rub this mixture all over the salmon fillet leaving no spots untouched. Slice the lemon and place the slice on the salmon.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and leave the salmon to bake for 10 -12 minutes. When you cut the meaty center, you will know when the salmon is done through your meat thermometer or when it turns flaky.
- Garnish the savory salmon with fresh parsley and serve.
Baked Salmon FAQs
How can I thaw it before baking if I am using frozen salmon?
If your salmon is frozen, the best place to thaw it is in the fridge. You can remove it from the refrigerator and place it in the fridge overnight.
You can also leave the fish in the foil or place it on a plate to avoid the mess from the dripping water. If you can’t do this, you can place your salmon in cold water to thaw. The cold water will allow it to remain moist and absorbent for ingredients.
What temperature should salmon be baked?
If you are baking a piece of salmon of around 2-pounds, you can bake it at 375 – 400°F. The exact baking temperature and baking time depend on the thickness and size of your salmon.
How many calories are in salmon?
The serving size of 4 ounces of boneless salmon fillet contains 160 – 180 calories.
How long does it take to bake?
Typically, if you preheat your oven to 400°F or 200°C, your salmon takes about 5-6 minutes per side to get done. In total, you need only 10 -12 minutes to bake salmon.
How to know when your Salmon is done?
Your meat thermometer is a perfect tool to know when your salmon is done. Your salmon is ready when the internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
Asides from the meat thermometer, you can also know when your baked salmon turns pink from the initial red color.
Another way to know is by cutting into the thickest part of the fish. You notice a slightly flaky and translucent center when you use a knife.
Storage Instruction for Baked Salmon
Your salmon can last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You can wrap it in foil or keep it in an airtight container to store in the refrigerator. Ensure that your baked salmon is cool before you freeze it.
Usually, microwave dry meat out, so it is best you reheat your baked salmon in a pan on the stove or in the oven. You can splash a little water on the salmon for moisture, warm, slow, and low heat.
Ways to serve baked Salmon
If you taste oven-baked salmon, you will take no other fish again. Clueless about how to serve it, don’t worry. You can serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, rice, and veggies. You can also layer it on your salads like tomato-cucumber salad, mozzarella salad, and Kachumbari, or take it with your grain.
Other delicious Salmon recipes to try:
- Hearty Salmon Stew
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Salmon Bites – 3 ways with Dipping Sauce
- Easy Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe
- Blackened Salmon with Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms
- Salmon Croquettes
- 1.25 lb Salmon Fillet with skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt or add to taste
- parsley to garnish
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Whole Fresh Lemon
- Cook salmon at 375°F for 10-15 minutes, watching carefully so that it does not overcook.
Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations. Tag me @cheflolaskitchen on Instagram and Facebook.