Easy Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe – This easy-to-make Salmon Salad sure packs a lot of flavors. It features a rich, spicy, and flavorful pan-seared salmon layered on a bed of fresh and crunchy textured salad. If you are looking for a recipe to hook someone to Salmon, this is it!
How to make salmon salad
Salmon salad is a mixture of flavors and textures; we have the crunchiness cucumber and lettuce, sweetness from the tomatoes, saltiness from the olives, and tangy with a hit of sweetness from the dressing.
This is one of the easiest, healthy dinner meals that make you feel good with every single bite. It’s rich in nutrients like protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Plus it’s on the table in less than 20 minutes!
First stop – Crunchy salad
This takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. All you need is to chop the lettuce, chop the bell pepper, half the Cherry Tomatoes, slice the cucumber and the onions.
Next up is the pan-seared Salmon
To pan-sear, the salmon, heat some olive oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat. Add the seasoned salmon fillets cook for 5 to 6 minutes turning halfway between. This gives you a seared salmon that is nicely charred and crisp on the outside.
The final is our easy salad dressing
To make the dressing, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, minced dill, Salt, and pepper
Easy Healthy Salmon Salad is ready!
All you have to do now is to lay the Pan seared salmon over the salad and start digging! You can also crumble the Salmon inside the salad if you want to. In just a few minutes you have a salmon salad that looks and tastes like restaurant fare.
Reasons to love this salmon salad
- It’s super easy to prepare
- Ready in less than 20 minutes
- A very elegant meal made at home
- Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acid – good fat
- This salad is good chilled or at room temperature.
Could you add other vegetables and things to the salad bowl?
This is more than enough but of course, you can include any other add-ins of your choice like feta cheese, artichokes, celery, capers, sun-dried Tomatoes, and or any other ingredients you have at hand.
what dressing goes with salmon salad?
For this recipe, I used my easy but trusted honey lemon Vinaigrette dressing. However, you can use any of your favorite Vinaigrette dressing.
- You can skip the cayenne pepper in the salmon if you don’t like the heat.
- I used fresh dill in my vinaigrette dressing. However, parsley, chives or basil are also great alternatives.
- A little onion goes a long way. Too much will overpower the salad.
- If you are short of time, you can speed up things further by getting the packaged salad from the store. Then you just have to sear the salmon and toss the vegetables with the other ingredients
Do you love Salmon? You might want to try out these Salmon recipes:
- Blackened Salmon with spinach and mushrooms
- Hearty Salmon stew
- Salmon Croquettes
- Airfryer frozen Salmon Recipe
This is a very easy weeknight dinner salad that the whole family will love coupled with the super easy-to-make honey lemon vinaigrette dressing. It sure has everything you need to feel satisfied.
You might also want to try out these other salad recipes:
- Seven-layer salad
- Classic Nigerian Salad
- Kachumbari – Onions, Tomatoes, and Cucumber Salad
- Turkey Salad Sandwich
- Chimichurri Avocado Chicken Salad
- Quick and easy tomato salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Tomato mozzarella salad
Easy Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1½ lb Salmon with or without skin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 6 oz black olives pitted
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsps lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup fresh dill minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper or to taste
- Season the fish with paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oil and pan-fry the salmon for 5 to 6 minutes turning halfway between. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, onions, and green bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, minced dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Mix till well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and top with the salmon. You can also break the salmon into large flakes over the salad if you choose to.
- I used fresh dill in my vinaigrette dressing. However, parsley, chives, or basil are also great alternatives. A little onion goes a long way. Too much will overpower the salad.
- If you are short of time, you can speed up things further by getting the packaged salad from the store. Then you just have to sear the salmon and toss the vegetables with the other ingredients.
If you make this Easy Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen