Delicious Make-Ahead 7 Layer Salad – Craving for a delightful and beautifully crafted salad to use for your next potluck, Barbecue or Picnic? This 7 Layer Salad is a must try. It is a foolproof, do-ahead salad, which means you don’t have to stress yourself at the last minute trying to make the food perfect.
The seven layer salad is a brilliantly well-crafted meal with the right amount of crunch, texture, color and visual attractiveness. The crunch comes from the Cauliflower, the creamy comes from dressing, sweet comes from the peas. All these layers meld together to create an amazing salad. This makes enough for about 8 people. You can easily double or triple the recipe for your crowd.
The seven layer salad is a classic South American is a combination of sweet, savory, creamy and crunchy. Although there is a lot of variant to this recipe but the one thing that is common to all the variant is the beautiful layering of the ingredients in a transparent tall glass.
The key components of this salad are the leaves, Tomatoes, and cheese. You can add or subtract ingredients as you like but choose what is fresh and strike your fancy. Be creative about it because the eye naturally goes to color, therefore, create your salad for visual appeal especially if you are doing this for a gathering.
Watch How To Make This Salad Recipe On Youtube
Greek Yogurt or sour cream works best for this recipe. Try to avoid regular plain yogurt because it tends to be too ‘liquidy’ and it may ruin the texture of your dressing.
Delicious Make-Ahead 7 Layer Salad
- 6 Cups Lettuce
- 1.5 Cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 Cups Cauliflower chopped
- 12 oz peas
- 5 hard-boiled eggs Quartered
- 1.5 Cup Diced Red Onions
- 1.5 to 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 5 Strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt or Sour cream
- 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
For the dressing:
- In a bowl add Mayonnaise, Yogurt, Sugar, Salt apple cider vinegar, Black pepper, and cheddar cheese and whisk together until well combined and set aside.
- Spread the Lettuce at the bottom of the dish followed by the Cherry Tomatoes, broccoli, sweet peas, boiled eggs, Onions.
- Spread the dressing over the top of the layered salad. Spread the Bacon over the dressing and finish up with the cheese.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving or overnight and enjoy the following day.
Here are some other delightful easy recipes you may want to try out:
If you make this 7 layer salad, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen