Tomato Salad – made with ripe, juicy tomatoes, and crispy onions dressed with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. It’ll make you feel the summertime!
Cherry Tomato Salad
There are many variations on Tomato Salad out there, but this refreshing mix of Onions with red and yellow cherry tomatoes makes for a colorful effect, and that makes it stand out.
This Tomato Onion Salad reminds me of Kachumbari – a simple, light, and easy-to-make east African salad made with onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, salt, pepper, and lemon dressing. The only difference is just the lemon dressing!
How to make Onion and Tomato Salad
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves, and slice the onions into half-moons. You can also dice the onions if you prefer that.
- Add the oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and black pepper toss everything together.
- Let it sit for at least one hour before serving. The longer it sits the better it gets.
- Tomato and Basil Salad
Prepare the salad above and substitute the parsley with basil leaves. Cilantro will also work perfectly well.
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
Prepare the salad above and add slices of cucumber. This variant reminds me of Kachumbari – a simple, light, and easy-to-make east African salad made with onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, salt, pepper, and lemon dressing. The only difference is just the lemon dressing!
- Tomato Mozzarella salad
Bocconcini (fresh mozzarella) is highly recommended for its fantastically creamy flavor. Feta cheese and Monterey jack cheese will also work perfectly well.
- 1 lb Grape tomatoes yellow and red - halved
- ¼ cup Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes, and red onion in a shallow bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season with salt, and ground pepper and sprinkle the parsley
- Toss to combine and serve immediately
If you make this Tomato Salad Recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen