Jamaican meals are simple to make and full of flavor. You’ll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade which is a unique combination of herbs, spices, and peppers that comes together perfectly to give a flavorful punch. It is really different from all the Wings I have ever tried. Its flavor is really bold and unique, and it goes well with even tiny taste buds (Yep my kids loves it). You can also add your personal touch.
Fun Fact about the Jamaican Jerk
When we talk about the Jerk Chicken, what comes to mind is heat and spice. You don’t need to be scared, because, you can easily turn down the heat if you are not in tune with it.
It is very important to marinate the Chicken, and it has to be thoroughly cooked but not overcooked.
If you make this Jamaican Jerk Chicken wings recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 Pounds of Chicken wings
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 3 stalks of Green Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon of diced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon of brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon of Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Habanero I removed the seed - you can add more if you like it hot
- 1 Teaspoon of smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tabespoon of cooking Oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Orange Juice
- Blend all the ingredients together (except the wings of course)
- Put the Wings in a Bowl and thoroughly rub the marinade on the Wings (don't throw away the Left over marinade).
- Cover the Marinated Wings with a plastic wrap and put it in the Fridge to marinade for 8 hours or leave overnight in the Fridge
- After 8 hours, line and spray the baking Pan and arrange the Wings on the Pan then brush with some of the remaining Jerk marinade.
- Put the Wings in a 450 °F preheated Oven for for 45 to 50 minutes (turn halfway through and rub with the jerk marinade) and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. ENJOY!