This Turkey salad sandwich is an excellent recipe with a well-blended flavor. It features a well-cooked Turkey lightly bound with mayonnaise and mustard dressing and freshened up with celery, Sweet pickles, and Celery.
Often time, we have this leftover Turkey staring right into our face each time we open the freezer and each time, we keep wondering what to do with the leftover in your freezer. Don’t trash it! It’s time you bring it out for good use. Making this amazing Turkey sandwich is a good way to re-introduce more flavor into these leftover Turkeys easily.
You necessarily don’t need to have any leftover Turkey in the fridge to make this recipe, you can buy the Turkey breast, Thighs or drumsticks to make this Sandwich. Simply boil and de-bone it (if necessary) and you can proceed with the rest of the steps.
I call this the Cubed Turkey salad Sandwich simply because I coarsely chopped the turkey so it’s a bit chunkier. However, a food processor can be used to achieve a less chunky result especially if you are planning to serve this as a cracker topping; it would be more like a tuna-salad consistency which is more suited for spreading. Also, to give the dressing plenty of kick, I used some lemon juice which can be replaced with lime juice or vinegar.
This Turkey salad is very easy to put together making it perfect for everyone regardless of your cooking skills; you can also adjust this recipe to fit your body needs:
You don’t have to be limited to just making this Turkey Salad just as a filling in sandwiches, you can also serve over your crackers or stir it with your mixed salad greens and you can easily pack it to school for the little ones or to work for your lunchtime.
Cubed Turkey salad sandwich
- 2 cups Turkey Diced
- 1 Celery Large Stalk Diced (Approx 1/2 Cup)
- 0.5 Cup Pickles or Diced Green Apples
- 6 Slices Bread 6 to 8 Slices
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise 4 to 6 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Green Onions Stalks of Green Onions
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Fresh parsley minced
- Black Pepper Optional
- Thinly slice the Green Onions, Dice the celery, Chop the sweet pickles, de-bone Turkey if necessary and chop
- In a large bowl, combine the Turkey, Celery, Green Onion, and sweet pickles. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the Mayonnaise, Mustard, Lemon juice, and Sugar. Stir together until well combined.
- Pour the Mayonnaise mixture over the Turkey mixture and mix thoroughly. Add black pepper if needed
- Leave in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or overnight so that the turkey can have enough time to absorb all the flavor of the dressing.
If you make this Turkey Salad Sandwich, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen