These Crispy oven-roasted turkey wings are coated in a mouthwatering homemade dry rub. This is a tastier way to enjoy your turkey without the oily mess.
Roasted Turkey Wings For Thanksgiving Holidays, Weeknight Dinner or Anytime
I am a huge fan of turkey wings, it’s an excellent way to enjoy turkey without committing to a whole bird.
This recipe for oven-roasted Turkey wings is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Whether you are planning for Thanksgiving and don’t want to commit yourself to buy a whole turkey or you just want outright good Turkey wings for dinner. No matter what the occasion, these crispy turkey wings are sure to hit the spot.
Check out some of my favorite turkey recipes:
- Delicious Oven-Baked Turkey Wings
- Turkey salad sandwich
- African style Turkey stew
- Smothered Turkey Wings – Baked!
- Oven roasted Turkey Breast
- Oven Roasted Turkey Thighs
- Oven roasted turkey legs
When making crispy oven-roasted Turkey wings, it’s all about the dry rub. The spice blend is your source of flavor since this is a recipe that doesn’t rely on any marinade sauce, so be sure to be generous. Also, the crispy skin relies on the oil, so don’t skip it.
How long does it take to bake turkey wings?
These turkey wings take about one hour to bake. It’s good to flip them halfway through cooking time to allow even crispness.
Don’t bake them for less than one hour; yes, it takes a little while but this long time will allow the fat to render out from the turkey wings so that the skin crisps to a delicious golden brown. Not to worry, this is totally hands-off time, so you can go about your day until the oven timer goes off.
How To Roast Turkey Wings in the Oven
Wondering how to make the best crispy baked crispy turkey wings? Here’s what you’ll need to:
- First, separate the Turkey wings into three pieces, the drumette (the meatier part), the wingette (the middle part), and the wingtip.
Note: I don’t discard the wingtip; I also bake them but bear in mind that they cook faster than the other turkey part.
- Next, use a paper towel and dry the wings as much as possible to remove any excess moisture. This is an important step to achieving a maximum crisp.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper or foil over a baking sheet and place an oven-safe rack over it. Arrange the wings on the rack, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 30 minutes, then flip over and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and crispy.
I like to serve these crispy and delicious wings with a side of:
- potato salad
- mashed potatoes with gravy
- Steamed rice
- vegetable salad
- Turkey gravy with drippings
- Foolproof Turkey Gravy without drippings
Crispy Oven Roasted Turkey Wings
- 3 lb Turkey wings
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oven to 400°F with racks in the middle position.
- Wash the wings well, and use a paper towel to pat them dry and place the wings in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the seasoning and spices.
- Add the oil and sprinkle the seasonings on the wings and massage all over the wings.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Then, place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Arrange the wings on the rack.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or till desired crispiness. Remove from the oven and serve.