Smothered Turkey wings – Fork tender, juicy, and flavorful baked turkey wings with a delicious velvety gravy that can be served with mashed potatoes or over a bed of white rice.
How to make smothered Turkey wings
These smothered turkey wings may take an hour to bake, but the prep time is minimal, and not only are they delicious, but they are also super easy to make because all the magic happens in the oven. No stovetop!
- You’ll need a few ingredients such as paprika, minced garlic, chicken bouillon, with vegetables like bell peppers and celery, and red pepper flakes for that extra spicy kick.
- The Turkey wings are then generously massaged with spices and carefully arranged inside a deep baking dish.
- Chicken broth is then poured inside the baking dish, covered with a foil, and baked until the flavor goes deep into the wings.
- Bake at 350 – 375 degrees, depending on the quantity. After one hour of baking, remove the foil paper and bake for an additional thirty minutes. Then the smothered turkey will be golden brown on the surface, flavorful, and fork-tender.
If you are a fan of anything wings, you are going to love this smothered turkey wing recipe. It will remind you of biscuits and gravy with one exception, it’s turkey wings!
What sides go with smothered turkey wings?
This delicious recipe will work as a main course meal for a decent family meal or during your holiday gatherings.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and veggies, or serve over a plate of boiled rice and you’ve got a complete meal that the entire family will enjoy.
Are Turkey wings healthy?
While turkey wings are darker meat, making them higher in fat content, they are an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium.
Are you ready to make your baked smothered turkey wings?
Gather the list of ingredients below and follow my step-by-step instructions to prepare this delicious meal idea. Your guests will truly enjoy every bite of this baked turkey masterpiece.
Other delicious Turkey recipes you might want to try:
- Delicious Oven-Baked Turkey Wings
- Turkey salad sandwich
- African style Turkey stew
- Crispy Oven Roasted Turkey Wings
- Oven roasted Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Turkey Thighs
- A Guide to Preparing and Cooking a Turkey
Smothered Turkey wings
For the Turkey Wings
- 3 lbs Turkey wings Fresh or previously frozen and thawed [cut into wings and wingettes and tips removed]
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 onion large size [thinly sliced]
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other neutral cooking oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper [optional] diced – I used Green Red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup celery stalk diced
For the flour mixture (Gravy)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Clean the turkey wings and dry with a paper towel
- Season with black pepper, paprika, salt, Minced garlic, chicken bouillon, and red pepper flakes. Add the oil and massage the wings thoroughly with the seasoning.
- Arrange the wings in a deep baking dish.
- Spread the Onions, bell peppers, and celery over the wings and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the gravy. Mix till all the flour is completely dissolved
- Pour inside the baking pan. Avoid washing away all the seasoning.
- Cover with a foil paper and bake at 400°F for 1 hour. After one hour, remove the foil paper and bake uncovered for another 20 to 30 minutes or until the meat is tender and starting to pull away from the bone.
- Serve over white rice or mashed potatoes.
- I divided the wings into wingettes and Drummettes. Just a personal preference. You may choose not to divide it if you don’t want to.
- As always, there are variations that you can make to this recipe. To begin with, you can omit the bell peppers and replace with Carrots or mushrooms.
- This recipe is for 3 lbs wings if you are cooking for more people, simply double or triple the recipe. Likewise, you may divide the recipe if cooking for a lesser group of people.
- If you like more gravy, feel free to double the recipe of the flour mixture.
You can find me on Facebook, and Instagram … I love keeping in touch with all of you.
Friday 29th of April 2022
No recommended temperature setting.I found it comment. Update recipe, please.
Chef Lola's Kitchen
Saturday 28th of May 2022
Thank you, RC. It's been updated.
Monday 29th of November 2021
I am doing your wings right now, but can’t am to find a temperature to set on the ovren. Assuming 350 or so?
Chef Lola's Kitchen
Friday 6th of May 2022
You can bake at 350 - 375 degrees depending on the quantity you are baking per time. Don't forget to pre-heat your oven before you place the baking pan inside.
Tuesday 4th of February 2020
Please what is paprika and celery on
Saturday 11th of January 2020
Hello , I’ll like to know how many degrees to bake at. Thanks.
Thursday 16th of January 2020
I apologize it's 350F. Thanks for catching that.