Smothered Turkey wings – Fork tender, juicy, and flavorful baked turkey wings with a delicious velvety gravy that can be served with mashed potatoes or over a bed of white rice.
How to make smothered Turkey wings
These smothered turkey wings may take an hour to bake, but the prep time is minimal, and not only are they delicious, but they also super easy to make!
- You’ll need a few ingredients such as paprika, minced garlic, chicken bouillon, with vegetables like bell peppers and celery, and red pepper flakes for that extra spicy kick.
- The Turkey wings are then generously massaged with the spices and carefully arranged inside a deep baking dish.
- Chicken broth is then poured inside the baking dish, covered with a foil, and baked until the flavor goes deep into wings.
- After one hour of baking, remove the foil paper and bake for an additional thirty minutes. Then the smothered turkey will be golden brown on the surface, flavorful, and fork-tender.
If you are a fan of anything wings, you are going to love this smothered turkey wing recipe. It will remind you of biscuits and gravy with one exception, it’s turkey wings!
What sides go with smothered turkey wings?
This delicious recipe will work as a main course meal for a decent family meal or during your holiday gatherings.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and veggies, or serve over a plate of boiled rice and you’ve got a complete meal that the entire family will enjoy.
Are Turkey wings healthy?
While turkey wings are darker meat, making them higher in fat content, they are an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium.
Are you ready to make your baked smothered turkey wings?
Gather the list of ingredients below and follow my step by step instructions to prepare this delicious meal idea. Your guests will truly enjoy every bite of this baked turkey masterpiece.
[su_box title=”Other delicious Turkey recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#273B56″]
Smothered Turkey wings
For the Turkey Wings
- 3 lbs Turkey wings Fresh
- 1 - 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 onion large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other neutral cooking oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced - I used Green Red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup celery stalk diced
For the flour mixture
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth unsalted - or vegetable
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Clean the turkey wings and dry with a paper towel
- Season with black pepper, paprika, salt, Minced garlic, chicken bouillon, and red pepper flakes. Add the oil and massage the wings thoroughly with the seasoning.
- Arrange the wings in a slightly deep baking pan or baking dish.
- Spread the Onions, bell peppers, and celery over the wings and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the gravy. Mix till all the flour is completely dissolved
- Pour inside the baking pan. Avoid washing away all the seasoning.
- Cover with a foil paper and bake at 350F for 1 hour. After one hour, remove the foil paper and bake uncovered for another thirty minutes to one hour or until the meat is tender and starting to pull away from the bone.
- Serve over white rice or mashed potatoes.