Chimichurri – There’s nothing more mouthwatering than making this sauce from scratch, it tastes so fresh, it’s healthy, and it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and all the ingredients used are inexpensive and easy to find.
There’s nothing more mouthwatering than making this sauce from scratch, it tastes so fresh, and it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, and all the ingredients used are inexpensive and easy to find.
Chimichurri is made from everyday ingredients like parsley, onions, garlic, and chilies. It’s very versatile and it can enhance the flavor of meats, poultry, seafood, or veggies, pasta, even toasted bread.
What is chimichurri?
Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinian grilling and dipping sauce made with herbs. It can probably be best described as pesto-like, but with an earthier flavor.
It is a unique tasting and easy to make condiment made with fresh herbs and vegetables. This sauce doubles as a marinade and also a great accompaniment to steak, pork, chicken, fish, pasta, vegetables, rice, pizza, and more!. It’s a whole new kind of flavorful.
How to make Chimichurri?
There are many ways to make chimichuri sauce, but the secret to a good chimichurri is to start with the freshest ingredients you can get your hands on.
Finely chop the parsley and garlic. I prefer not to use a food processor. It blends the ingredients too fine for my liking, and the flavor and look are both better this way, in my opinion.
Feel free to add red pepper to spice it up!
What can chimichurri be used for?
- Marinade for meat, fish, pork, and chicken
- Sauce for pizza or rice. Dipping sauce for toast and more
- Dressing for salad
- Use shallots in place of onions
- I used Red wine vinegar for flavor and acidity. You can use sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Add more spices for a hint of extra flavor if you wish, paprika, cumin, black pepper!
Chimichurri - Quick and Easy Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion small
- 2 red chili pepper deseeded
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash and finely chop the parsley, garlic, onions, and red chili pepper or simply combine all these ingredients in a food processor and process on several pulses and place everything in a medium bowl.
- Add the oil, wine vinegar, oregano, red chili flakes, and salt and stir thoroughly. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cover and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen