Salmon Croquettes is always a winner at the table because it’s very delicious. It’s easy to put together and it requires basic ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Salmon croquettes is a great, quick fix for lunch or dinner. It pairs so well with the basic white Rice, Salad or Buns. It’s not just pocket-friendly but it’s very healthy as well. It is an easy and delicious way to get more fish in our diet. Plus, this recipe is very forgiving and it holds together well.
I first came in contact with this recipe a few years ago when we visited a friends house. My whole family enjoyed even my son too who really hates fish asked for more which was quite embarrassing because I had told them earlier that my son hates Fish :). Since then, this has become a staple in my house.
What is Salmon Croquettes?
Salmon Croquettes is often referred to as also referred to as Fish Burgers or Fishcakes or Fish burgers depending on the location. Salmon fish usually made into a hamburger shape and it
[su_box title=”Othe Fish Recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
- For this recipe, I used the Canned Salmon but you can use the fresh one, just boil it with a little salt and proceed with the remaining steps. You can also substitute the salmon Fish for Mackerel Fish it works and tastes just as good.
- This recipe holds together well, however, if you are having trouble (very unlikely) or you just want to play safe. Simply put the formed patties in the fridge for about 30 minutes to one hour before frying it.
- 28 oz Salmon Fish
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Cup Onions Diced
- 2 Tbsps Hot Sauce or Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise or Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for Pan Frying
- If using canned Salmon Fish, open and drain off the water.
- Combine all the listed ingredients together (except the oil for frying) and mix it all up but be careful not to overly mash the fish. It's good to retain some chunks in there.
- Form the Fish into patties.
- Preheat the Oil in a pan and fry the patties until it's well cooked on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Drain on a sieve or a paper towel.
- Serve with Rice, Salad, Cream, Mayonnaise...Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by. Let’s connect!
If you make this, catfish stew, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen