An easy but delicious one-pot pasta recipe made with pasta, hearty ground beef, and pasta sauce. It all comes together in about 30 minutes!
Ground Beef Pasta Recipe
Are you thinking about what to make with ground beef and pasta? This is the perfect recipe for you. This one-pot ground beef pasta is cooked in a rich and tasty spiced tomato sauce.
It is a very hearty and satisfying one-pot meal for those evenings you want to get a nutrition-packed dinner on the table in no time at all. It’s a staple weeknight favorite in my home!
This one-pot ground beef pasta is packed with goodness, protein, and energy-fuelling carbs. It uses simple pantry ingredients, and it is quick and simple to make without compromising on flavor. And only one pot to wash up at the end!
It calls for a couple of ingredients, including tomato sauce, olive oil, salt, chili flakes, garlic, parsley, and pasta. I’d guess you already have most, if not all, of those ingredients on hand! However, don’t underestimate this dish. Sometimes, the most flavorful recipes come from the most simple of ingredients. It’s how you treat those ingredients that matters.
What you will need for this one-pot ground beef pasta.
- Pasta: It’s hard to beat pasta when you want a convenient and filling meal. It is loved by everybody, even the pickiest of children, and so versatile. I have used Rotini pasta in this recipe as I find it perfectly carries the luscious sauce and beef in its swirls. But any other pasta would work just as well.
- Ground beef: Ground beef is something I cook often. It cooks quickly and can be put in everything from stews to pies to pasta dishes like this one. I often make my own ground beef as it is super easy and tastes extra fresh.
- Tomato sauce and beef stock: These form the base of the rich and savory sauce for the pasta. You can also use chicken or vegetable stock if that is what you have to hand.
- Seasonings and spices: Gather some fresh garlic, ginger, onion, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika, and beef stock to bring this one-pot ground beef pasta to life. To me, there is no good excuse for serving boring or bland food!
- Spinach, basil, or parsley: For extra health benefits and a touch of vibrant color and flavor.
- Parmesan for serving: Optional, but really good if you like it!
How to make Pasta with Ground beef pasta
- Saute onion & garlic: Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the diced onions and cook till translucent. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Cook beef: Add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go until the meat has all changed from red to brown.
- Stir in the tomato Sauce: I love to pour some chicken stock into the empty can and rinse the leftover sauce into my pot.
- Add everything else: Add every other ingredient except the pasta and parsley, and green onion. Stir, and leave to come to a rolling boil.
- Add the pasta and cook: Add pasta and cook for about 8 minutes, then stir in the parsley and green onions. The pasta will be saucy, but the sauce will reduce while the pasta cools down.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parmesan if needed.
- Grated parmesan (optional)
How long does this one-pot ground beef pasta take to cook?
You can have this delicious meal ready to eat from start to finish in about 30 minutes. Perfect for weeknight evenings, or those guilty nights when you can’t be bothered to cook but still want to eat something really pleasurable.
What should I serve with this ground beef pasta?
This nutritionally complete and satisfying dish can be thoroughly enjoyed as a stand-alone meal or serve with a slice or two of my crusty dutch oven bread or some garlic bread (garlic knots) to mop up those Moorish juices.
- I will always say that it is best to prep all your ingredients ahead of time. It helps to make the whole cooking process even faster.
- If you enjoy your food hot and spicy, as I do, you can add more red pepper flakes to your own taste.
- If you are having extra people over for dinner? You can easily double the ingredients to feed everybody with no extra work or stress.
- I have used rotini pasta in this recipe, but fusilli, penne, or spaghetti would also be great. Use whatever you want or have, but check on the packet so that you can adjust the cooking time if needed.
- If you have any leftovers, they will do well in the fridge for 4 days or in the freezer for about two months.
Some of our favorite pasta recipes.
- Easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Jollof Spaghetti
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Recipe with Shrimps, Chicken, and Sausage
More of my delicious beef recipes:
- Beef Couscous Recipe – 20 Minutes
- Best Easy Ground Beef Recipe – Homemade Ground Beef
- Ground beef and potatoes dinner.
- Stewed beef potatoes.
- Pot Roast | Tender And Easy
One-Pot Ground Beef Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped (medium)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef 90% lean
- 2 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- ½ tsp ginger grated
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 12 oz pasta
- Parsley green onion or basil [for garnish]
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high, add the onion and cook till translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned on medium heat, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the oregano, red chili flakes, paprika, grated ginger, bay leaf, chicken bouillon, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and chicken stock. Cover and leave to boil on high heat.
- Add the pasta, reduce the heat to medium and leave to cook, covered for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked (follow the manufacturers cooking guide). Be sure to stir often to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Gently stir in the parsley, spinach, or basil until wilted.