Turmeric Ginger Tea – If you are looking for a way to include anti-inflammatory spices in your diet, this turmeric tea should be your first stop. Simple, fast, inexpensive, refreshing, and healing tea!
Turmeric Ginger Tea
Loaded with immune-boosting ingredients, like turmeric and ginger, and it’s actually tasty!. I sometimes double the ginger because I enjoy the little tingle that I feel in the back of my throat as I drink it.
This turmeric ginger tea is enjoyable hot or cold, just like the lemon ginger drink I made a while ago. However, it’s very important to allow the tea to cool for a while before pouring it into the pitcher, so it doesn’t crack.
What is Ginger Turmeric Tea good for?
Why is Turmeric Tea good for you? Turmeric’s active ingredient, curcumin, is one of the most naturally powerful anti-inflammatory herbs. Because of it, turmeric’s benefits include:
- An anti-inflammatory that rivals the strength of cortisone and phenylbutazone
- Cancer preventative and helpful supplement in treating cancer
- Helpful with weight loss
- Reducing depression
- Healing psoriasis and other skin ailments
- Anti-microbial that helps avoid various illness
- Helps liver health
- Natural pain killer
- Natural anti-septic great for healing external wounds
- Boosts brain function—it has been shown to possibly prevent and/or slow the progressions of Alzheimer’s
Have I sold you on it yet?
Can you refrigerate Tumeric Ginger Tea? –
Yes! You can refrigerate and enjoy it cold when you are ready and you can also reheat if you want. When reheating, it’s best to do it over the stove on low heat in order to preserve the potency of the turmeric and ginger.
How long will this tea stay in the fridge?
It will keep 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Are Turmeric teabags good?
Of course, this answer largely depends on the brand, but you can always vouch for the effectiveness of making your own!
When to drink Ginger Turmeric Tea?
There isn’t a specific time that is best to drink Turmeric Tea. I like to make a large batch drink hot in the morning and keep the rest in the fridge for a refreshing cold tea in the middle of the day.
- I made six cups of tea with this recipe, feel free to divide the recipe into two or multiply by two if you wish.
- Remember turmeric stains, so make sure you make this tea in a glass pitcher and spread a paper towel or an old kitchen towel on the table surface in order to prevent your surface from stain.
Other drinks you might like:
- Other refreshing drinks that will satisfy your thirst:
- Lemon Ginger Tea
Ginger Turmeric tea
- 2 Tbsp Turmeric freshly grated
- 2 Tbsp Ginger freshly grated
- 2 whole lemons plus zest
- honey to taste or any other sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 6 cups Water
- Grate the ginger and turmeric and zest the lemon. Set aside
- In a saucepan, add the water, turmeric, ginger, and lemon zest and bring to a simmer (do not a boil) over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and pour the tea through a strainer into a glass pitcher. Add the lemon juice, honey(optional), and black pepper (optional). If the tea is too potent for you, feel free to dilute it with more water.
- Store any leftover in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days.
Let’s Connect! You can find me on Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with all of you!
If you make this Ginger Turmeric Tea, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen
Monday 9th of August 2021
Wow love this drink very healthy thank you so much
Wednesday 20th of October 2021
You are welcome, Marissa. :)
Saturday 7th of August 2021
TURMERIC GINGER HONEY TEA | Immunity Boosting Tea – Village Life
Wednesday 10th of June 2020
[…] Ginger Turmeric Tea […]
Sunday 31st of May 2020
Thank you, Chef Lola. I just bought tumeric and ginger but not black pepper yet. I'll start making this tea tonight.
Monday 3rd of January 2022
Black pepper helps the absorption of the turmeric into your body.
Wednesday 27th of May 2020
***** I love your cook you are a very good cheif .If we have more people like you every body will know how to cook a delicious food