Let me introduce you to this simple, satisfying, and flavorful homemade Chicken Club Sandwich that you can put together in a little time. This is the juncture where simple meets delicious!
Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe
Stop skipping Breakfasts or better still, save yourself some money and the stress of stopping by the coffee shop on busy weekday mornings by making this ridiculously easy Chicken Club Sandwich. It is made with leftover or freshly cooked Chicken shredded and tossed in Ketchup and Mayonnaise with a splash of lemon Juice. Sandwiched between layers of freshly toasted bread sandwiched with another layer of Lettuce and Fresh Tomatoes and Pickles.
This Club Sandwich is Hearty and downright good for the soul. I mean it when I say so because my kids are the most judgemental food critique I’ve ever known plus they are also picky eaters and they are very selective when it comes to sandwiches in general especially the ones made with processed meat. Well, except hotdogs!
I’m actually grateful for this because I’m not a fan of processed meat either. However, this chicken Club Sandwich and this Turkey salad Sandwich is a sandwich meal they will ask for over and over again. It’s not only filling but it’s also flavorful and it’s going to make a great breakfast or even dinner.
- I used chicken thighs for this Sandwich, however, you can use any Chicken part of your choice. It has to be boneless and skinless.
- If you don’t mind the calorie, you can add some cheese, if you wish.
[su_box title=”Other Breakfast recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
- Bread Rolls
- Plantain Pancakes
- Honey Butter Toast
- Best Skillet Potatoes
- Creamy Cornmeal porridge
- Breakfast Semolina Porridge
- Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Pancake
- Breakfast Potatoes and Egg Stew
This Club sandwich is the best thing about the leftover chicken because, you can use the leftover boiled Chicken, Grilled Chicken, Roasted Chicken or anyhow leftover chicken for this recipe. On the same note, if you don’t have any leftover Chicken, simply boil some and put this together!
This recipe is also highly flexible, you can easily adjust the recipe to serve your family, a crowd of hungry guests, or just your hungry rumbling stomach. In just about 1o minutes, you will be satisfying all these needs. You can even slash the calorie a little further by going for whole-grain bread and by using reduced-fat mayonnaise.
Easy Club Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless Chicken
- 2 large Tomatoes Cut into slices
- 12 slices Pickles or as desired
- 9 slices Bread Toasted
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Bunch Lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste. To taste
- If using fresh Chicken (If not skip to the next instruction) - Place chicken breasts into a saucepan, season with Salt and Pepper (or as desired) and pour enough water to cover it. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook until the chicken meat is tender.
- Transfer the Chicken to a wide plate. If hot, allow it to cool, and shred the chicken meat with two forks.
- Transfer the chicken to a deep bowl, add the Mayonnaise, Ketchup, lemon juice, Salt and black pepper to taste. Mix until everything is well blended and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast 9 slices of bread. Then, lay a slice of toast on a plate, or a board add a thick layer of the Chicken mixture on it and cover it up with another layer of toast. Top this layer with the about two Lettuce leaves, Pickles and Tomato slices and cover it up with the third slice of toast.
- Divide the arranged sandwich diagonally into halves or quarters and pin with a toothpick or a skewer all the way to the bottom to keep it in place. Enjoy!
- Feel free to use any leftover Chicken for this: Boiled, baked or grilled, all will work well.
- You should layer your club sandwich the way you like it, you don't necessarily have to layer it like mine - be creative with it.
You can find me on Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with all of you!
If you make this Easy Chicken Club Sandwich, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen
Tuesday 7th of September 2021
Thanks for the information
Thursday 12th of August 2021
It's makes the work easy,I love it. Thanks
Friday 23rd of July 2021
It so nice
Sunday 20th of June 2021
you explain your recipies in simple english and you are an amazing cook
Tuesday 29th of June 2021
Thank you for the compliment, Carly.
Saturday 27th of March 2021
Thank you for this article, your website is so professional and the content are straight to the point. I will be visiting more. Thanks
Thursday 20th of May 2021
Thank you for your kind words, Martin.