Soft and Chewy Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies – These are delightful little treasures. They are Oaty and sweet, slightly crispy on the outside and chewy soft on the inside. They have a mild brown sugar taste and with a touch of Vanilla as a subtle back note.
I love recipes that are great and doesn’t call for things that aren’t always in the pantry. This Oatmeal recipe has it all. It requires no exotic ingredients, it’s quick to put together, and the outcome is fantastic in terms of texture and flavor. Soft center with crispy, buttery edges.
It smells incredible, and the taste is out of this world. The texture is really nice, it’s not rock solid and not super puffed either it’s just right with a crispy edge.
These Oatmeal Cookies can serve as an excellent dessert for anyone looking for a simple, quick and easy cookie recipe without compromise in flavor.
If you want a chunkier cookie that is not as widespread, just pop the cookie dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes and don’t bother pressing it down once you scoop it in your baking sheet!
How to make the Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
To make these Oatmeal cookies, first, preheat your Oven to 350°F and line your pan with a parchment paper – It will save you some cleanup time. Otherwise, you can just scoop your cookie dough on the pan without any lining. Don’t worry, the cookie will not stick on your pan.
In a large bowl, combine the Flour, Salt and baking soda. Whisk together until everything is well blended and set it aside.
In another Bowl, whisk together the Brown Sugar and the Butter using a hand mixer until it turns light and fluffy. About 4 minutes.
Scrape down the sides of the Bowl and add the egg one at a time, making sure you blend each egg in before adding the next.
Once the cream is well combined, add half of the flour mixture inside the cream. Whish until totally absorbed. Then, add the second half and whisk again until fully incorporated
Fold in the oats using a spatula once it’s well incorporated, just throw in the raisins and fold until well incorporated. At this point, you may want to put the batter in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes if you don’t want your cookie to spread out widely. If otherwise simply spoon the cookie batter in your prepared pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Note that, the middle of the cookie will still be a bit soft by this time. All you have to do is just to remove it from the oven and leave it to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes. The heat trapped inside the cookie will do the magic of firming up the middle of the cookie. However, if you want your cookies to be crunchier and darker, simply bake for a few more minutes but try not to overbake, as they will become too crispy and less chewy.
Once the cookies are cool, store them in an air-tight container!
You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months. Simply form the dough into balls and put them in a ziplock or any other sealable bags. When you are ready to use it, simply place the balls in your baking sheet and bake. No need to thaw. However, you might need an extra one to two minutes for the baking time.
These Brown Sugar oatmeal cookies are so delightful and so easy to make, they also taste great and are very versatile. For example, if you don’t have raisins you can use cranberries, nuts or Chocolate!
[su_box title=”Other sweet treats you might like:” box_color=”#c12026″]
- I used the hand mixer for making this recipe, but you can use a stand mixer especially if you are making this recipe for a crowd.
- The cookie is usually ready in 12 to 13 minutes. If you want it a bit a crispier, you can leave them in the Oven to cook for few more minutes.
- If you choose to use some white sugar, it is advisable to reduce the quantity of the sugar by a quarter of a Cup.
This cookie recipe will yield about 4 dozens depending on how big or small your scoop is. Feel free to multiply or divide the recipe as you wish. Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 cups Brown sugar packed
- 1 cup Salted butter 2 sticks, softened
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Raisins or Nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the brown sugar and butter and whisk until fluffy. Add and whisk in the vanilla extract. Then, add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Combine the wet, and the dry ingredients a little at a time in two batches, mixing after each addition until just combined.
- Add the Oats and fold with a spatula until just combined. Then add the Raisins and fold until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop, an Ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop out the dough and drop them inside your baking sheet and space them a couple of inches apart from each other.
- Bake until golden and chewy. About 12 to 13 minutes.
- Leave the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheets, before transferring them to your serving plate.
If you make this Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen