Who can resist the goodness of Sugar-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies? These cookies are sure going to make a great impression. The edges have a slight crunch and the middle is soft and slightly chewy.
Honey Oatmeal Raisin Cookies without refined Sugar
This recipe is really fun to make even kids will be excited to join in the process. It takes only about 10 to 15 minutes to bake. It might still look underdone at this point but don’t worry just take them out of the oven while they still look underdone they will continue to bake and harden as they cool.
Before we proceed I know honey is interpreted as sugar by some people. However, I like to clarify what I mean by sugar-free in this cookie recipe. I am simply referring to refined sugar like the white sugar, brown sugar and the likes.
This cookie recipe uses raw honey which can easily be replaced with maple syrup or agave nectar. I hope that clarifies things for you? – 🙂
How to restore old cookies?
Simply pop them in a 425°F preheated oven for 4 to 5 minutes
Notes and Tips
- Lining the baking pan with a parchment sheet is very important because it will make your baking pan come out clean and your cookies release effortlessly.
- I used the old-fashioned oats for this recipe. However, you can use the quick oats for this.
- I also used all-purpose flour but wheat flour will work perfectly well
- It is advisable to use a metal baking pan over glass pans because glass pans retain heat longer and it may over bake the cookies
- Since the dough will turn out quite wet it is very important to place it in the fridge before baking it for at least 20 minutes. Please don’t miss this step it is very important
- If you have any leftover simply store it in an airtight container on the tabletop for up to 3 days.
Other delightful Oatmeal Cookie Recipes you might want to try:
If you like oatmeal recipes you might like these ones as well:
Refined Sugar-free Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Cup oats
- 3/4 Cup All purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- Salt Pinch
- In a bowl, whisk together the Oats, Cinnamon powder, Baking powder and Salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Egg, Coconut Oil, and Vanilla extract till fluffy. (About 1 minute)
- Mix the Oats and the whisked Egg and Coconut until combined. Add the Honey and fold till just combined.
- Add the flour in two batches. Fold in the first half until just combined. Repeat for the second half. Then, fold in the Raisins and place it in the Fridge for 20 minutes to solidify.
- Drop one heaping mound of cookie dough into the prepared sheet spacing them about 2 inches apart and Place in a 325F preheated oven for about 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Leave to cool completely before serving.
If you make this sugar free oatmeal recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen