Creole Seasoning: This spice blend is the perfect combination of different herbs, seasonings, and spices. The bright and bold flavors take any dish to the next level. The seasoning is quick and easy to make and works well on almost everything.
Creole Seasoning – A staple in Creole cuisine
Creole seasoning is loaded with all kinds of flavors. The blend is both spicy, salty, and earthy. The different herbs and spices all come together to create an explosion of flavor.
The recipe may vary slightly from different families and even manufacturers but should have these basic ingredients.
What is Creole Seasoning?
Creole seasoning is a spice mix commonly used in Creole cooking. It is used to give just about any food an extra kick. It’s made up of garlic, salt, black pepper, white pepper, oregano, and parsley, among other things. It’s a great choice for proteins, soups, stews, potatoes, vegetables, and more.
what is in creole seasoning?
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- White pepper
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Oregano (dried)
- Basil (dried)
- Thyme (dried)
Is creole seasoning spicy?
Yes and no. You have the flexibility to adjust this recipe to your preference.
The blend also includes a variety of dried herbs that round out the spice. Plus, the addition of garlic powder and onion powder makes the spice super balanced.
How To Make Creole seasoning
The spice blend is very simple to make, and if you cook regularly, you probably already have most of the spices in your spice pantry ready to go. All you need to do is mix all the listed ingredients together. That’s all! However, if you want it a bit finer in texture, you can pulse it a few times in the food processor.
Why make your own creole spice blend?
You can either purchase it premade or you can create your own homemade Creole seasoning mix. I know you may be asking, why make mine when I can easily buy it from the grocery stores?
Here are my reasons:
- Highly customizable: You can customize your own seasoning to your taste. More or less salt, hot and spicy or mild and much more!
- Easy to make at home: Creole seasoning is easy to make at home with spices that you probably already have on hand. Here’s how to do it!
- You may be in between a recipe and discover; you ran out of creole seasoning.
- Most stores carry seasoning with preservatives we don’t like.
What can I use the creole spice rub on?
The spice rub is incredibly versatile and can be used in so many different ways in the kitchen. Use it on grilled meats, chicken, soups or stews, potatoes, salad dressing, popcorn, and so much more.
How long does it take to make the creole seasoning?
The seasoning will come together in under five minutes. Simply measure all of the spices out and mix in a bowl to combine. It’s that easy. If you want to save time in the future, double or even triple the recipe to keep in your pantry for quick use.
How to make creole seasoning:
Spice time: In a bowl, add in all of the spices and mix together to combine.
what is creole seasoning used for?
Here are some of my favorite ways to use this blend.
More spices and sauces
If you are loving this spice blend, you will fall in love with my other sauces and spice blends. Here are some of my favorites:
Homemade Creole Seasoning Mix
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and store in an airtight container. Use as desired.