If you’re looking for a dip that will be the hit of your next party, look no further than this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. It’s made with just a few ingredients but packs a spicy punch that will leave your guests wanting more!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
You have found the delicious and spicy comfort food recipe you need to try out. This mouth-watering Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect for every occasion; a get-together, potluck, game day, or a relaxing night with the family. It can be made in about 40 minutes and will surely be a hit with your loved ones.
Made with cream cheese, shredded chicken, hot sauce, and creamy ranch dressing, Buffalo Chicken Dip is a mouthwatering, delicious, and tangy meal. It can be eaten as an appetizer, for dinner, or enjoyed during brunch.
This recipe uses Frank’s Red Hot sauce, making the dip spicy enough to be exciting but not too hot that your guests won’t want to return for more.
The cream cheese keeps it creamy and smooth while also adding a tangy flavor that balances out the spice of the hot sauce. You can also use any other hot sauce of your choice.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It is spicy
- It is cheesy and gooey
- It is creamy and delicious
To make an easy and mouth-watering Buffalo Chicken Dip, you need:
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- Sour cream: for a tangy, tart taste and a rich, thick creaminess.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: to add in the gooey goodness this meal brings
- Buffalo sauce: to give the dip the level of spice needed
- Garlic: for added flavors
- Jalapenos: to elevate the flavors of the meal
- Ranch dressing: For creaminess and tang
- Blue cheese for serving
- Herbs for serving – (parsley, chives, green onion)
- Shredded rotisserie chicken – Most grocery stores sell pre-packaged bags of shredded rotisserie chicken in their meat section or deli section
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Pour your mixture into a pan and sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese.
- Transfer mixture to an oven-safe dish and top with additional blue cheese crumbles if desired
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown on top. Serve immediately with tortilla chips!
What type of chicken can I use for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
For this recipe, we recommend that you use shredded rotisserie chicken. However, you can use baked chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or even canned chicken if this is what you have.
What kind of cheese can I use for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo Chicken Dip is traditionally made with cream, shredded cheddar, and blue cheese. However, You can also use mozzarella, pepper jack, or another cheese of your choice for a different flavor.
How long does it take to bake Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Baking Buffalo Chicken Dip usually takes between 15-20 minutes in the oven. It’s best to check the dip after 15 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn.
Why is Buffalo Chicken Dip so oily?
Buffalo Chicken Dip is typically made with cream cheese, which can give it a greasy texture. Adding sour cream to the recipe can help reduce the greasiness of the dip.
The dip can also become oily when the ingredients are not properly mixed together. Make sure to mix your ingredients together well so that your Buffalo Chicken Dip can come out perfect.
How long does Homemade Buffalo Chicken Dip last?
Homemade Buffalo Chicken Dip can last for 3-4 days if refrigerated properly. It’s best to keep it in an airtight container and reheat it properly when it’s time to eat.
What can I use in place of Sour Cream?
Greek Yogurt is a good replacement for Sour Cream. It will also give you the thick consistency you desire. Mayonnaise also works, but it can leave your dip a bit greasy.
What to serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a dish that pairs well with several side dishes. You can enjoy it with crunchy crackers, bread, potato chips, or even tortilla chips.
If you want to pair it with veggies, sliced cucumbers, carrots slices, and celery sticks are great choices.
How to thicken Buffalo Chicken Dip
Cheese, cheese, and more cheese! Do not hesitate to add more cream cheese to your dip if you need thicker consistency with your Buffalo Chicken Dip. However, it is important to note that low-fat cream cheese can make your Buffalo Chicken Dip runny, so use full-fat cream cheese instead. You can also add a tablespoon of cornstarch or all-purpose flour to the mixture.
How can I make my Buffalo Chicken Dip spicier?
To make your Buffalo Chicken Dip spicier, add more hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or jalapenos to the recipe.
To store Buffalo Chicken Dip, keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make sure to consume during this period to enjoy the freshness. The dip can also be frozen for up to two months for longer-term storage.
How long does it take Buffalo Chicken Dip to last in the Freezer?
You can keep Buffalo Chicken Dip in the freezer for up to 2 months and reheat it when needed. To store it in the freezer, you can keep it in an airtight container.
However, it is important to note that the meal will not be as delicious and enticing as it was when it was freshly made due to the texture change of the cheese and ranch dressing.
To reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F and spread the dip in an oven-safe dish. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbly.
- Stovetop: Place the dip in a medium saucepan and warm over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat the dip until it’s hot and bubbly, and serve with your favorite chips or veggies.
- Microwave: Place the dip in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Heat in an additional 30-second burst until the dip is hot and bubbly.
Other appetizers to try out
- Spicy Dijon Deviled Eggs
- Crispy Fried Shrimps
- Harissa Chicken Wings
- Healthy Shakshuka Recipe
- Easy Chicken Taco Recipe
- Salmon Bites – 3 Ways With Dipping Sauce
- Shrimp Cake with Avocado — Cilantro Dipping Sauce.
Mouth-watering Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 jalapenos seeds removed and finely minced – optional
- 1 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup blue cheese roughly crumbled – for serving
- Herbs for serving parsley, chives, green onion
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- Place the oven rack in the middle of your oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, buffalo sauce, garlic, jalapeno, and ranch dressing in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an 8-inch cast iron pan or similarly sized oven-safe dish; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place the skillet in a preheated oven, and bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted on the top.
- Broil (or grill) for a further minute to brown and crisp on top.
- Top with desired herbs chopped and blue cheese, and serve with Sliced baguette, chips, crackers, or veggies
- Add more hot sauce to your Buffalo Chicken Dip to give it more heat and spice as desired.
- Greek Yogurt can work as a replacement for sour cream in this recipe.
Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you; nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations. Tag me @cheflolaskitchen on Instagram and Facebook.