Tacos are a great meal for any time of the day, but many taco recipes can be difficult to make. This easy chicken taco recipe uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Chicken tacos recipe
If you love tacos, you’ll love these chicken tacos. They are made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with my easy taco seasoning mix, and topped with pico de Gallo, avocado, cilantro, and you can add any other toppings you like. They are spicy, delicious, and super simple to make! You can learn how to make taco Sauce here. Match your sauce with Chicken Taco and enjoy!
I used chicken thighs for this recipe because they are a fattier cut of meat, which means they will have a more intense, rich flavor than chicken breast. However, if you prefer chicken breasts, please go for it! If you love eating fish, you can also go for Fish Tacos, you will surely enjoy the versatile meal.
Easy to make and versatile
Chicken tacos are a quick, easy, and cost-effective meal for busy families. They are probably one of the easiest meals to make, and no matter how you make them, they always taste great! But what truly makes tacos so wonderful is their versatility. You can put anything in a taco, and it will taste good because it’s wrapped up in a warm tortilla blanket!
Tacos are incredibly versatile and can be made in countless ways by using different ingredients. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They are often eaten as appetizers as well.
This recipe takes less than 30 mins to cook, it is easy to make and has few ingredients, and you can add the toppings of your choice.
What are Tacos?
Tacos are a staple in Mexican cuisine and have gained popularity all over the United States. Taco is available in many different varieties, including shrimp tacos, beef tacos, vegetarian tacos, breakfast tacos, and much more.
How to season chicken for tacos
You can use store-bought taco seasoning mix or make your own taco seasoning recipe.
Here is my ingredient list for my homemade taco seasoning:
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
You only need two tablespoons from this taco seasoning recipe to make your chicken tacos.
How to make Chicken tacos
- Prep – A great way to make chicken tacos is to start by prepping all your ingredients. Dice the onions, and tomatoes, mince the cilantro, cube the avocado. Prepping will always make any cooking easier and more organized.
- Season: Add the oil, lime juice and season the chicken with the taco seasoning. I like to leave the chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
- Cook the chicken, let it cool, and dice it into bite-size.
- Enjoy: Arrange the filling inside the warm tortilla and enjoy!
Other Mexican inspired recipes:
Easy Chicken Taco Recipe – How To Make Chicken Tacos
- The Chicken
- 1-1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoon olive oil – divided
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the tacos
- 8 small flour tortillas warmed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado peeled pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Season the chicken with taco seasoning. Add one tablespoon of oil and lime juice. Mix well to coat the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through – about 4-5 minutes per side. You can work in batches. Leave to cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Distribute the chicken evenly among the tortillas and top with cilantro, cheese, and pico de gallo. Serve immediately.
Let’s connect on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with you, and nothing brings me more joy than seeing pictures of your creations. Tag me @cheflolaskitchen on Instagram and Facebook.