The shrimp stir fry is delicious and incredibly easy to make. Shrimp, Red bell peppers, Yellow bell peppers, green beans, and scallions sautéed to perfection. Stir fry recipes do not take a long time to fix, they are versatile and also tasty.
Stir-frying is a traditional Asian cooking technique. This is usually done in a wok. It involves adding a few tablespoons of oil in a hot pan to sear foods like Meat, Shrimps or Vegetables quickly. This process helps to cook the food pretty quickly and keep them nice and crisp without burning. Likewise, it also helps the food to retain much less oil as compared to deep-frying.
This shrimp stir fry is adaptable and inventive. You can use your choice of vegetables, and this can also be done with Chicken instead of Shrimps.
As a busy mom, quick meals are my favorite, especially when they are nutritious. I like to be innovative by creating new combinations of flavors. That was how I came up with this one-pot Rice and Chicken recipe. It’s so easy and nutrient-dense as well.
I love the mechanics of ethnic cuisines so I used Ginger, Garlic and Scallion which is sometimes referred to as the Chinese Trinity because it’s the base aromatics for most Chinese staple. I also used Shrimps, bell peppers, and Green beans with a simple honey garlic sauce.
These simple ingredients cook quickly to create sweet, crunchy, salty, tender goodness and all these ingredients are what you can easily find in your local grocery.
- This stir fry recipe is simple enough and personally, I don’t find it as an intimidating recipe for any cooking level skill.
- Swap out the vegetables if you prefer. Try zucchini, bok choy, .
- Remember to keep it simple and don’t overcook the shrimps; keep on stirring them until they just turn tender and pink.
- This easy, shrimp stir fry takes about 20 minutes to make (10 to prep and another 10 to cook), so you can be out of the kitchen in no time.
- If you like this shrimp stir-fry recipe, you might also like:
Watch How To Make Shrimp Stir Fry on Youtube
Shrimp stir fry
For the Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Flakes or to taste
For the Stir-fry
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Green Beans
- 4 Green Onion
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and mix together until well combined.
For the stir-fry:
- Remove the seeds and the ribs from peppers and cut it lengthwise into strips.
- Clean the Shrimps and pat dry with a Paper Towel. Season with Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan until it becomes very hot. Add the shrimps and fry until they become just pink
- Add the Green beans and bell peppers and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until crisp and tender
- Stir in the Shrimps and add the sauce.
- Leave to simmer for about one minute or till the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve
If you make this Shrimp stir-fry recipe, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram or Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen