This is a very simple Chicken and Vegetable stir fry recipe. It’s healthy, tasty, and easy to put together and most of all, it’s a great way to make you and your family enjoy the benefits of Vegetables with less Meat.
The Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry is very customizable, you can choose your own variety of vegetables but it’s a very good idea to choose the crunchy variety because you don’t want to end up with wilted veggies in your stir-fry.
This stir-fry does not require blending your peppers, all you need to do is to julienne or slice the Peppers and Vegetables. Basically, this is a recipe on how to make Chicken sauce with vegetables because the juicy Tomatoes provide the sauce in the stir-fry.
***Use the Juiciest Tomato you can get, in order to get a reasonable quantity of sauce in your stir-fry but don’t overwhelm your stir-fry with the Sauce.
***I added the Carrots first because it takes a little longer for it to get done.
***You don’t need so much salt for this recipe because you will be using Soy Sauce which is quite Salty.
[su_box title=”Other quick recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry
- 1½ lb chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 habanero pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoons ginger minced
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into strips. Clean if you choose to and pat them dry thoroughly.
- Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Set aside
- Preheat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and cook until for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add bell peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, and minced habanero pepper. Cook for a minute to two.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with one and a half tablespoons of chicken broth to make the cornstarch slurry. Mix well until dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch slurry, soy sauce, and the remaining chicken broth inside the stir-fry. Leave to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve over white rice or any other food of choice.
Thanks for stopping by. Let’s connect!
You can find me on Facebook, and Instagram. I love keeping in touch with all of you!
If you make this, Chicken and Vegetable Stir fry, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen
Thursday 23rd of September 2021
I love this, I will try it but where can I find habanero pepper and green onion.
Friday 29th of October 2021
It's sold in the market/grocery stores
Sunday 8th of August 2021
Saturday 23rd of May 2020
I love your handiwork God bless you real good ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Sunday 19th of April 2020
Can I make this without the soy sauce. It's not available for me
Monday 26th of November 2018
Thanks for this, I am looking to be healthier and as meat is getting costly where I live, I am looking for recipes that have more vegies and less meat.
Tuesday 27th of November 2018
You are welcome, Natasha. I'm glad you found this helpful.