This is a very simple Chicken and Vegetable stir fry recipe. It’s healthy, tasty and easy to put together and most of all, it’s a great way to make you and your family enjoy the benefits of Vegetables with less Meat.
The Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry is very customizable, you can choose your own variety of vegetables but it’s a very good idea to choose the crunchy variety because you don’t want to end up with wilted veggies in your stir-fry.
This stir-fry does not require blending your peppers, all you need to do is to julienne or slice the Peppers and Vegetables. Basically, this is a recipe on how to make Chicken sauce with vegetables because the juicy Tomatoes provides the sauce in the stir-fry.
***Use the Juiciest Tomato you can get, in order to get a reasonable quantity of sauce in your stir-fry but don’t overwhelm your stir fry with the Sauce.
***I added the Carrots first because it takes a little longer for it to get done.
***You don’t need so much salt for this recipe because you will be using Soy Sauce which is quite Salty.
[su_box title=”Other quick recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry
- 1-1/2 lb Chicken Breasts
- 3 Med. Tomatoes Very Ripe & Juicy
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Med. Onion
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Scallion Green Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 Habanero/Jalapeno or Red Chilli
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- Salt To Taste
- Wash and cut all your vegetables and as well as the Chicken.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch to your Chicken and season with Salt and Black pepper, mix together and set aside.
- Preheat the Oil in a Pan and add the Chicken, cook and stir till it's about 80% done, then add the Curry powder, Paprika, Garlic and the Carrots.
- After about 30 to 40 seconds of stir-frying the Carrots, add the Habanero pepper and stir-fry as well.
- Add all the other Vegetables except the Green Onions, add Salt, Pepper and Soy Sauce to taste.
- stir-fry everything together and leave it to cook until all the Juice in the Tomatoes have been released. (about a minute or two)
- Finally, stir in the Green Onion and remove from heat.
- Serve with Rice, Pasta or whatever you are pleased with. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by. Let’s connect!
If you make this, Chicken and Vegetable Stir fry, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen