This is a very simple Chicken and Vegetable stir fry recipe. It’s healthy, tasty, and easy to put together and most of all, it’s a great way to make you and your family enjoy the benefits of Vegetables with less Meat.
The Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry is very customizable, you can choose your own variety of vegetables but it’s a very good idea to choose the crunchy variety because you don’t want to end up with wilted veggies in your stir-fry.
This stir-fry does not require blending your peppers, all you need to do is to julienne or slice the Peppers and Vegetables. Basically, this is a recipe on how to make Chicken sauce with vegetables because the juicy Tomatoes provide the sauce in the stir-fry.
***Use the Juiciest Tomato you can get, in order to get a reasonable quantity of sauce in your stir-fry but don’t overwhelm your stir-fry with the Sauce.
***I added the Carrots first because it takes a little longer for it to get done.
***You don’t need so much salt for this recipe because you will be using Soy Sauce which is quite Salty.
[su_box title=”Other quick recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry
- 1½ lb chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 habanero pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoons ginger minced
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into strips. Clean if you choose to and pat them dry thoroughly.
- Season the chicken with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Set aside
- Preheat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and cook until for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add bell peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, and minced habanero pepper. Cook for a minute to two.
- Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch with one and a half tablespoons of chicken broth to make the cornstarch slurry. Mix well until dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch slurry, soy sauce, and the remaining chicken broth inside the stir-fry. Leave to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve over white rice or any other food of choice.
Thanks for stopping by. Let’s connect!
If you make this, Chicken and Vegetable Stir fry, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen