Super easy, rich flavor, one-pot Chicken Stir-fry with Spinach. This is a foolproof recipe that provides a good alternative to basic greens. It’s super healthy, light and simple.
This recipe is a wonderful combination of Stir fry Chicken, Tomato sauce and Wilted Spinach mildly seasoned with salt and black pepper. It makes a kind of country style meal with a cosmopolitan flair. It does not make an entire meal on its own but it is an excellent accompaniment to a Rice dish, a pasta dish or couscous.
The steps for making this Chicken Stir fry with Spinach is pretty easy, Preheat some Oil in a pan, stir fry the Onions until it’s translucent, add the Chicken and season with some salt and Black pepper. Stir fry till the Chicken is browned. Stir in the Tomato sauce and cook for a bit. Add the Spinach and cook till wilted. A minute or two will do. That is it, your sauteed spinach is ready!
This recipe is very versatile, you can add more or less spinach, same with the Chicken. You can also use kale in place of baby spinach. It works just as well. However, this meal is not meant to be overburdened with too many ingredients that is why I used only Salt and black pepper though, you are free to add a little more spices if you choose to but it’s best to keep it as light as you probably can.
Whatever adjustments you choose to make, don’t omit the Tomato sauce, it is very essential to the integrity of this dish!
Serve with your desired choice of meal or eat as is! By the way, if you don’t like Spinach, you can try my chicken and Vegetable stir fry – made with bell peppers and Tomatoes.
[su_box title=”Other quick chicken recipes you might want to try:” box_color=”#c12026″]
- Baby Spinach is quite soft and it cooks so fast so it should not be left too long on the stove top. As soon as it’s wilted take it off the heat.
- It’s ideal to use baby spinach but feel free to use any leafy greens of your choice.
- In place of Tomato sauce, you can use fresh Tomatoes.
- Don’t leave the baby spinach to cook for too long. The longer it cooks, the more it loses its nutrients. Leave it to wilt for about 2 minutes then take it off the heat.
Chicken stir fry with Spinach
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Thigh Cut into little pieces
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Heat the Oil in a Pan, over high heat until shimmering. Add the Onions and Saute until it's translucent
- Add the Chicken, season with Salt and black pepper and stir-fry until it's browned
- Pour in the Tomato sauce and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add the Spinach in handfuls and cook until it's wilted - about 1 or 2 minutes
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Serve over Rice, Yam, Couscous, Plantains, Quinoa.......Enjoy!
Detailed video on how to make the Chicken stir fry with Spinach:
Thanks for stopping by. Let’s connect!
If you make this, Chicken Stir fry with Spinach, I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram and Facebook. #cheflolaskitchen